Other than Brewing > The Pub

Absente

<< < (2/4) > >>

erockrph:
I tried Absente when it originally came out and used Southern Wormwood instead of Grande Wormwood and I wasn't a big fan. I'm curious how the flavor has changed now that it has been reformulated.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Lucid absinthe. That is my go-to hooch for when I want to get good and ripped :)

I can't say that I've noticed any "psychoactive" properties that couldn't be attributed to alcohol itself, but I do think it has some mild stimulant effect. Normally I'm out cold after I've had a few too many, but I can usually go all night on absinthe. It also probably helps that I like to mix it with something like Mt Dew or Full Throttle :)

Delo:
I'm fairly new to absinthe too. I haven't had a lot of other brands, but I do enjoy Absente. It has a pleasant anise flavor to it. It is not sickening sweet like anise liqueurs.  I like by itself or traditional method with the louche.  Most of my friends think its too bitter on its own and prefer the traditional way. I never tried the flaming method. Drinking alcohol and lighting things on fire do not always go well together for me. Although I do wonder how different the taste is.

I haven't gotten ripped on only absinthe so I cant really say what the psychoactive effects on me were.  I have had both from where I couldn't fall asleep to vivid dreams after falling asleep....but there may have been other contributors to the vivid dreams.

Euge did you buy that "Lab Chic" carafe at the same place they sell the erlenmeyer flask wine decanters?

euge:

--- Quote from: Delo on December 03, 2012, 08:06:03 AM ---Euge did you buy that "Lab Chic" carafe at the same place they sell the erlenmeyer flask wine decanters?

--- End quote ---

The Pyrex?

Uhhh... Walmart? I think...  8)

ccfoo242:
Has anyone ever used wormwood to bitter beer?

*Sent from the future using Tapatalk Quantum Edition*

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: ccfoo242 on December 04, 2012, 07:29:19 AM ---Has anyone ever used wormwood to bitter beer?

*Sent from the future using Tapatalk Quantum Edition*

--- End quote ---
Have not used it, but it is said to be one of the most bitter things known. I would experiment on a pint of beer, with very small amounts.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version