General Category > Kegging and Bottling

bottling from the keg

<< < (2/3) > >>

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on December 03, 2012, 12:29:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: gsandel on December 03, 2012, 11:38:42 AM ---I am interested to hear what folks have to say, but when I use the cobra tap, I raise the tap/bottle/hose combo higher up in the air (I actually stand on a chair) for a few more feet of rise...this seems (to me, anyway) to reduce foaming/co2 loss (along with cold bottles).

--- End quote ---
All you are doing is increasing the head pressure and reducing the flow rate.  You could get similar results by using a longer line or by venting the keg and bottling with low psi.  When I bottle (rarely) i vent the keg and then turn the gas on to get a very slow flow.

--- End quote ---

This is what I do as well, I vent the keg and bottle at the lowest pressure that will let beer flow, usually somewhere around 3-4 PSI according to the regulator on the tank.

--- Quote from: denny on December 03, 2012, 11:33:26 AM ---IIRC, it's either a #2 or 2 1/2.  I think 2.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Denny, That's actually the info I was after but I get verbose sometimes. It's like I just can't stop expounding on my point. You know when you have thoroughly explained what you are trying tos ay but you just seem to keep adding more and more details and/or tangents? It's kind of like when you are talking to someone and you really want them to understand and even though they are nodding their heads as if they already do understand you feel the need to keep explaining and adding more details.  :o

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: morticaixavier on December 03, 2012, 12:39:55 PM ---Thanks Denny, That's actually the info I was after but I get verbose sometimes. It's like I just can't stop expounding on my point. You know when you have thoroughly explained what you are trying tos ay but you just seem to keep adding more and more details and/or tangents? It's kind of like when you are talking to someone and you really want them to understand and even though they are nodding their heads as if they already do understand you feel the need to keep explaining and adding more details.  :o

--- End quote ---
Since you live near a shop, why not just take one of your bottles with you and check for fit?  Or since they will likely sell bottles too, use one of theirs.  Are you buying online?  I trust Denny's numbers, but it's good to make sure it fits the way you want it to.

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on December 03, 2012, 12:43:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: morticaixavier on December 03, 2012, 12:39:55 PM ---Thanks Denny, That's actually the info I was after but I get verbose sometimes. It's like I just can't stop expounding on my point. You know when you have thoroughly explained what you are trying tos ay but you just seem to keep adding more and more details and/or tangents? It's kind of like when you are talking to someone and you really want them to understand and even though they are nodding their heads as if they already do understand you feel the need to keep explaining and adding more details.  :o

--- End quote ---
Since you live near a shop, why not just take one of your bottles with you and check for fit?  Or since they will likely sell bottles too, use one of theirs.  Are you buying online?  I trust Denny's numbers, but it's good to make sure it fits the way you want it to.

--- End quote ---

10-04

Joe Sr.:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on December 03, 2012, 12:43:17 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Or, you could eye-ball it, make a guess, pick a size, doubt yourself, grab a few different ones just for insurance, and hope that one of them fits the way you like.  The others may have a use someday in the future so they should be placed in the tool box.

hopfenundmalz:
#2. Most definitely a #2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version