General Category > Kegging and Bottling

Kegging without a fridge

<< < (2/4) > >>

tschmidlin:
How often do you brew?  I served out of my fermentation fridge when I wasn't fermenting in it.

ccfoo242:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on December 03, 2012, 09:57:34 PM ---How often do you brew?  I served out of my fermentation fridge when I wasn't fermenting in it.

--- End quote ---

I'm thinking about doing that. I had been brewing once every 2 weeks but life got in the way for the last 3 months. I can wait until I can get a dedicated fridge. My wife wanted to get me something brew related for xmas but adding the fridge puts it wait out of our price range for now.

morticaixavier:
It is wintertime. In most parts of the country you can serve most beer at ambient temp nicely. When I first started kegging it was good enough to keep the kegs in the back room away from any heat and it was not overly warm or foamy. It was generally in the 50s or 60s in my backroom.

ccfoo242:

--- Quote from: morticaixavier on December 03, 2012, 10:28:44 PM ---It is wintertime. In most parts of the country you can serve most beer at ambient temp nicely. When I first started kegging it was good enough to keep the kegs in the back room away from any heat and it was not overly warm or foamy. It was generally in the 50s or 60s in my backroom.

--- End quote ---

Hehe, you should try that in Florida! I'm still wearing shorts.

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: ccfoo242 on December 03, 2012, 10:34:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: morticaixavier on December 03, 2012, 10:28:44 PM ---It is wintertime. In most parts of the country you can serve most beer at ambient temp nicely. When I first started kegging it was good enough to keep the kegs in the back room away from any heat and it was not overly warm or foamy. It was generally in the 50s or 60s in my backroom.

--- End quote ---

Hehe, you should try that in Florida! I'm still wearing shorts.

--- End quote ---

gotcha. well you could also try a swamp cooler but it's probably pretty humid down there too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version