Other than Brewing > Classifieds

5 Gallon Whiskey Soaked Barrels now available!

<< < (3/6) > >>

homebrewing:
These are back in stock, for those looking...
http://www.homebrewing.com/equipment/whiskey-barrel.php

thatgeekguy:
morticaixavier,

How many barrels to a pallet? I might try to organize a group buy for some of the local clubs here.

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: thatgeekguy on November 15, 2013, 10:34:24 AM ---morticaixavier,

How many barrels to a pallet? I might try to organize a group buy for some of the local clubs here.

--- End quote ---

I honestly don't remember exactly. it was around 20 I believe. Balcones, at least at the time was sending them with a stand.

micsager:

--- Quote from: reverseapachemaster on December 07, 2012, 07:59:31 AM ---Well if it was $50/each with shipping then yeah, that's an immense mark up.

--- End quote ---

Depending on volume, a 100% markup is not all that unusual for a small retail shop.  Just looking at the Morebeer site, they sell domestic 2-row for $1.29/lb.  X 50 = $64.50.  If they get the same price as I get from Country Malt group, they are paying less than $25 for a sack. 

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: micsager on November 15, 2013, 02:21:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: reverseapachemaster on December 07, 2012, 07:59:31 AM ---Well if it was $50/each with shipping then yeah, that's an immense mark up.

--- End quote ---

Depending on volume, a 100% markup is not all that unusual for a small retail shop.  Just looking at the Morebeer site, they sell domestic 2-row for $1.29/lb.  X 50 = $64.50.  If they get the same price as I get from Country Malt group, they are paying less than $25 for a sack.

--- End quote ---

and I'm guessing they get a slightly better price than you do. I figure morebeer is likely ordering 100X what you do, if not 1000X.

I never intended to imply these guys were being in anyway unfair or dishonest. They have to get a profit out of it. 200% or even 300% markup is not unusual in a retail setting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version