General Category > Homebrew Competitions

NHC Competition question...

(1/10) > >>

udubdawg:
so I'm brewing as fast as I can for NHC 2013.  I see February 26th is shown as the day we can start registering entries.  I also know we have to pay shortly after registering.
My concern is that I may be paying for entries before they are ready, and as such before I know if they are any good. 
Therefore my question is:  After I pay, can I still edit my entries?  In other words, if I register/pay for an entry and two weeks later decide it isn't very good, can I change that entry to a category I've got on hand that *IS* good?

(I assume this was never a problem until recent years when the contest started filling up in record time...)

thanks in advance...this is the first time I'll enter; looking forward to it.
cheers--
--Michael

Janis:
Hi Michael,

That's great that you are already brewing for the competition!

The online registration opens February 26th at 1 p.m. Mountain Time.  After you enter the brews, you must pay for your entries within 24 hours, or the entries will be deleted and you'll have to input the information again.  Once your paid entries are registered, the registration system will allow you to edit your entries until noon (12 Mountain Time) on Friday, March 15, 2013.  The registration will still allow you to print your labels until the end of the shipping window which is 5 p.m. Mountain Time on Wednesday, March 27, 2013.

Good luck in the competition!

Cheers,
    Janis

udubdawg:
Sorry Janis, I forgot to thank you for your prompt answer to my question.

Next questions:  Any updates on if first round entries will still only require one bottle? 
And last year there was talk of a possible limit on entries per person - any update on that?

thanks in advance--
--Michael

Janis:
Hi Michael,

Based on all of the feedback from last year's competition, there are a number of changes being implemented this year.  The AHA will be making the changes known on the front page of our web site, through social media, on the Forum, etc. in the next week or two.

Good luck in the competition!

Cheers,
Janis

tygo:
Looks like the changes have been posted:

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/community/news/show?title=national-homebrew-competition-sees-changes-in-2013

- 15 entry cap
- Eliminating the Canadian qualifier and adding a new extra US 1st round site
- $2 increase in entry fees to help fund enhancements to the 1st round comps

And a couple of other things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version