General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

I'm a rebel, Dotty, a loner...

<< < (2/5) > >>

weithman5:
homeowner's associations bahhumbug
i am a fan of Duck dynasty and last night one of the boys had to go to the HOA because he was burning leaves on his driveway and had skinned a deer on the tailgate of his truck when kids were getting off the school bus.  so you boil and boil and boil Pee Wee, you boil

euge:
Me too! 8)

I specifically bought in a neighborhood with NO Homeowner's Association. Not gonna have some nitpicky nosy SOB dictating to me what I should be doing and how I do it. I'm ok with the local ordinances which are a little restrictive- keep grass reasonably cut; can't keep chickens etc... but that can be considered normal. You really have to f'up to get a ticket. What they are strict about is building code compliance on new construction and renovations.

Pretty sure though the cops might pay me a visit if I were to brew in the driveway. Probably just to see what it was and would leave me alone after that.

Joe Sr.:

--- Quote from: euge on December 05, 2012, 07:44:54 AM ---Me too! 8)

I specifically bought in a neighborhood with NO Homeowner's Association. Not gonna have some nitpicky nosy SOB dictating to me what I should be doing and how I do it. I'm ok with the local ordinances which are a little restrictive- keep grass reasonably cut; can't keep chickens etc... but that can be considered normal. You really have to f'up to get a ticket. What they are strict about is building code compliance on new construction and renovations.

Pretty sure though the cops might pay me a visit if I were to brew in the driveway. Probably just to see what it was and would leave me alone after that.

--- End quote ---

I always worry when I'm weighing out bulk DME on the back porch.  Scale, powder, ziploc baggies.

No problems yet.

thebigbaker:
Not a fan of HOAs, but they do have their place.  We previously lived in a neighborhood w/out one, but when we had our daughter 3 yrs ago, we moved into our current neighborhood because of the amazing school system.  Our HOA is really flexible w/ normal rules regarding lawn care, farm animals, painting your house bright pink, etc...  Our HOA dues cover neighborhood landscaping, snow removal, garbage and recycle pickup and for the pool and rec area.  With the money, the HOA puts on several fun parties at the pool and lots of entertainment and functions for the kids such as carnivals, petting zoos, outdoor movies at the park and even a few parades.  So far, we feel we get a lot more out of our HOA than someone just telling us what to do and what not to do.

Then again, once my daughter is off to college, we'll find us a little spot up in the mountains where I can shoot my guns, put up a hops farm, grow a large garden, have multiple animals running around and not even see our neighbors!

thebigbaker:

--- Quote from: weithman5 on December 05, 2012, 07:17:03 AM ---homeowner's associations bahhumbug
i am a fan of Duck dynasty and last night one of the boys had to go to the HOA because he was burning leaves on his driveway and had skinned a deer on the tailgate of his truck when kids were getting off the school bus.  so you boil and boil and boil Pee Wee, you boil

--- End quote ---

That was a great episode.  The HOA meeting was hilarious.  "I brought a casserole!"  I was telling my wife that I would love to have that entire family as my neighbors.  Would never be a dull moment, that's for sure!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version