General Category > Yeast and Fermentation

WTF?

<< < (3/3)

davidgzach:

--- Quote from: Joe Sr. on December 05, 2012, 05:41:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on December 05, 2012, 05:12:36 PM ---This is why experiments, including brewing experiments, that aren't replicated are crap.

--- End quote ---

So he should brew 10 more gallons, split, and ferment with the same yeasts?

Sounds like a great suggestion to me.

--- End quote ---

Sounds like a plan.  I'll even re-combine the slurrys for the pitch.  Need to make 10g of my ESB anyway!  Let's see what these gremlins try this time....

As to the above, I think the only reasonable explanation would be stratification.  I did fill the bucket first so I could see in the BB when I started sucking up trub.

I also hit every number on the button for this brew and the FG number I wanted was 1.012.  I'd rather RDWHAHB and just pretend they both got there!   ::)

Dave

EDIT:  I forgot to add that I swirled the starter and poured back and forth in the glasses until full.  They had to be very close to even...

Joe Sr.:

--- Quote from: majorvices on December 05, 2012, 07:10:23 PM ---blend 'em together and call it a day! ;)

--- End quote ---

I did this recently with 10 gallons of porter that had the same sort of finishing differential between fermenters.  No one is the wiser.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version