General Category > Yeast and Fermentation

WTF?

<< < (2/3) > >>

weithman5:

--- Quote from: euge on December 05, 2012, 03:42:16 PM ---Beer Gremlins.

--- End quote ---

yeah, these guys are nasty little boogers. and they don't stop there. i have had beer vanish from my fridge without any other explanation.  Or could it be my sons and their friends?  Nah.

on the other hand.  the final gravity is 1.014, one you read a little low on the hydrometer the other you erred high.  hence both readings demonstrating the same accuracy (distance to true number) but precision is off (measure of repeatability)  solve the first with averaging, the second problem with calibration.

Jimmy K:
This is why experiments, including brewing experiments, that aren't replicated are crap.

Joe Sr.:

--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on December 05, 2012, 05:12:36 PM ---This is why experiments, including brewing experiments, that aren't replicated are crap.

--- End quote ---

So he should brew 10 more gallons, split, and ferment with the same yeasts?

Sounds like a great suggestion to me.

guido:

--- Quote from: weithman5 on December 05, 2012, 04:43:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: euge on December 05, 2012, 03:42:16 PM ---Beer Gremlins.

--- End quote ---

yeah, these guys are nasty little boogers. and they don't stop there. i have had beer vanish from my fridge without any other explanation.  Or could it be my sons and their friends?  Nah.

on the other hand.  the final gravity is 1.014, one you read a little low on the hydrometer the other you erred high.  hence both readings demonstrating the same accuracy (distance to true number) but precision is off (measure of repeatability)  solve the first with averaging, the second problem with calibration.

--- End quote ---

+1 on the explanation.  Sometimes the numbers don't cooperate.  It's within the margin of error (1.014). RDWHAHB!

majorvices:
blend 'em together and call it a day! ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version