Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: NHC 2013  (Read 5248 times)

Offline quincy

• 1st Kit
NHC 2013
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:36:52 pm »
As a new AHA member who has never attended the conference I was curious how much the conference registration is?  Philly is only a few hours from me and I am thinking about going.

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
Re: NHC 2013
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 06:06:19 am »
Last year in Seattle the fee was $235 for the full package which included the Banquet.  There are other options that don't include the banquet or seminars that are less expensive.

Hope that helps.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 07:57:42 pm »
To add, I got my wife the Social + Banquet option which was $185 IIRC. I plan on getting the same setup (Me: Full, Wife: Social) for this year. I am sort of considering taking a floating holiday for NHC ticket release, just to make sure I get my tickets.

Offline quincy

• 1st Kit
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 04:04:01 pm »
I plan on getting the same setup (Me: Full, Wife: Social) for this year.

This is what I was planning on doing too.  The wife doesn't plan on attending any of the seminars but is interested in going for the social stuff and tasting. 

Offline guido

• Brewer
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 05:56:42 pm »
Will it be possible to register for a friend?  He's an AHA member.
Well...I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer

-"Roadhouse Blues,"  Jim Morrison

Offline quincy

• 1st Kit
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 11:08:15 am »
In case anyone didn't see it yet, they updated the page and the pricing is now up. $255 for the full conference and $195 for the social ticket.

Offline breslinp

• Cellarman
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 06:54:46 pm »
Is the social ticket to a specific person or could I bring my wife to the banquet and another friend to club night?

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 07:15:19 pm »
The way it has worked before, passes have the person's name printed on them and are worn around your neck on a lanyard.  Different colors for either full conference or social only, so that only pass holders with a full conference ticket gain entry to the seminars.

They also issue separate tickets for the banquet.  To get into the banquet room you have to have a pass (around your neck, with your name on it) as well as the ticket.
Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline hopfenundmalz

• Global Moderator
  • I must live here
  • Milford, MI
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 08:04:41 pm »
The way it has worked before, passes have the person's name printed on them and are worn around your neck on a lanyard.  Different colors for either full conference or social only, so that only pass holders with a full conference ticket gain entry to the seminars.

They also issue separate tickets for the banquet.  To get into the banquet room you have to have a pass (around your neck, with your name on it) as well as the ticket.

I don't remember a ticket last year, first time. The proper pass on the lanyard was the ticket.
Jeff Rankert
AHA Lifetime Member
BJCP National
Ann Arbor Brewers Guild
Home-brewing, not just a hobby, it is a lifestyle!

Offline theDarkSide

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • Derry, NH
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2013, 06:27:30 am »
I don't remember a ticket last year, first time. The proper pass on the lanyard was the ticket.
I don't remember the ticket either.  If they had to take the time to collect tickets, the meal would have been half over by the time I got in there.  I joined the line when it was all the way back to the hospitality suite.
Seacoast Homebrew Club - Portsmouth, NH
AHA Member
Stephen Mayo
------------------------------------------------

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2013, 06:54:45 am »
I don't remember the ticket either.  If they had to take the time to collect tickets, the meal would have been half over by the time I got in there.  I joined the line when it was all the way back to the hospitality suite.

So how did they know if people bought banquet tickets?  I bought everything except the banquet and don't recall my pass looking any different from any of the other attendees.  Maybe I'm colorblind?

To the AHA I'll repeat what I said last year, that some of us have spouses that would like to attend the banquet and possibly see us win a medal, but do not drink.  I wasn't going to pay for a whole conference that my wife wouldn't attend, and wasn't attending the banquet without her.  Being able to add a +1 banquet ticket would be a handy option.  Just sayin'...

cheers--
--Michael

Offline garc_mall

• Brewmaster
  • [1892.9, 294.9deg] AR Lynnwood, WA
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2013, 10:21:50 am »
iirc, I think the people with banquet tickets had a small Fork and Knife in the corner of their nametag. Don't quote me on it though.

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 11:16:10 am »

So how did they know if people bought banquet tickets?  I bought everything except the banquet and don't recall my pass looking any different from any of the other attendees.  Maybe I'm colorblind?

To the AHA I'll repeat what I said last year, that some of us have spouses that would like to attend the banquet and possibly see us win a medal, but do not drink.  I wasn't going to pay for a whole conference that my wife wouldn't attend, and wasn't attending the banquet without her.  Being able to add a +1 banquet ticket would be a handy option.  Just sayin'...

cheers--
--Michael

Same here as well.  My wife is not a big beer drinker (or drinker period), but would like to come to the banquet.  She is thinking about doing the Italian market on 9th street in south Philly in the morning and meeting me at Reading Terminal market in the afternoon.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 11:55:05 am »
I am sure if the banquet doesn't sell out then the AHA would be happy to sell +1 tickets for it.  But we had really limited space last year so that wasn't an option.
Tom Schmidlin