Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What are you tappin'?  (Read 8503 times)

Offline thirsty

• Brewer
  • Brewster, NY
Re: What are you tappin'?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 07:41:23 pm »
Halfway through a 10 gal batch of homegrown Cascade/Chinook ale. Good brew for the holidays, but I got a hankering for some stout now that the cold weather is here.

Offline tygo

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • Sterling, VA
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 08:39:43 pm »
Going to tap a robust porter any day now.  Also, I'm patiently waiting for this years version of my way heavy to finish bottle conditioning...well to be carbonated anyway...it'll be bottle conditioning for a long time.

Also have a dark strong that should be ready to tap soon.  I think it'll be good but the head will be fairly non-existent.  It was the trial run of my whirlpool chiller setup and I basically killed the foam in the process.
Clint
Wort Hogs

Offline hooter

• Cellarman
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 08:51:54 pm »
About to tap a couple kegs.  An imperial pumpkin ale aged with some bourbon soaked vanilla beans, and a rye stout.

Offline stlaleman

• Assistant Brewer
    • Penrose Picobrewery
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2012, 03:23:39 am »
Have an American Lager, blackberry cider, perry, dry stout, and an ESB on tap right now.

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2012, 07:15:25 am »
Halfway through a 10 gal batch of homegrown Cascade/Chinook ale. Good brew for the holidays, but I got a hankering for some stout now that the cold weather is here.
Nice. I think Cascade and Chinook might be my favorite hop combination. I have the extra pale ale tap now with that combo and man is it tasty.
Jesse

Offline brewsumore

• Brewmaster
  • Spokane, WA
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2012, 08:16:07 pm »
Recently bottled a hopped up English Barleywine.  Otherwise on tap is hard cider, Midas Touch clone, Pannepot clone (Belgian quadrupel lightly spiced with thyme, cinnamon, coriander and sweet orange peel), and Falconer's Flight pale ale.

Nothing in the pipeline since I've been focusing on wine from grapes... 58 gallons of reds (syrah, cab sauv, cab franc) and 17 gallons of white (sauv blanc).

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2012, 11:56:14 pm »
My Complicated Blonde that I got to brew at a local brewpub just got kegged last night and is carbing comfortably. I wanted to do a batch on my home system to see how it translates. Seems a bit darker at this point. Split the batch between WL001 and WY1450 to compare. 

This weekend I'll start the first round of dry hopping for my Backyard IPA which is made from 100% of the hops grown in our backyard last summer.  It's basically the Pliny Clone grain/hop bill with my hops subbed in.  I used Willamette, Mt. Hood, CTZ and Cascade. Can't wait to try it!
I grew a wild hair on this batch and decided to pitch half of the wort with WY3787.

Which brewpub made your recipe? When are they serving it?

Rogue's Green Dragon.  The beer I made down there was served in October. The Green Dragon Brew Crew is a group of five homebrewers that Rogue and the folks at the Green Dragon very graciously allow us to brew on their nano system.  We typically brew a recipe with a guest brewer that has won a local club comp or has been nominated for some other reason. We do 'brew crew' releases every Wednesday evening at 6 PM. You should come down and say hi sometime. My next solo batch is a single hop Centennial IPA, probably up in February.
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified