I had a couple guys taste my beer, and they all had a common denominator: Infection. There is a slight sourness at the finish of all three. 1. Rye Ipa 2. Amber 3. Vienna/Saaz SMaSH.
Anyway, after a good while I've been trying to figure out what it could be.. I figured out all three beers had two things in common after the boil. Same siphon hose AND fermentation chamber. The siphon house was exposed to brett awhile ago, however, I've made beers and haven't noticed it. Also, my sanitation I feel is very sound.
Secondly, and what I think may be the culprit is; mold in my chamber... and I had suck back on all three, I always do (doh!) Can mold spores exist in a starsan solution in my airlock? And can that small suckback create an infection in my beer? Suckback is happening when I lift airlocks off and before fermentation begins. Also, there is a small amount of water around the carboy stopper that may drop inside if I don't lift exactly straight up!
*I can't keep up with the mold killing. I've used baking soda to slow it down, but eventually it always arrives. What does everyone do that may have mold spores floating around?? I feel like I cant be the only one with this issue.. Is cheap vodka the answer? Advice please! Thank You