Other than Brewing > The Pub

Gas station growler fills

<< < (3/3)

majorvices:
The growler to go gig is big business here in Alabama. Lots of places are doing it.

Rhoobarb:
It has really begun to take off in the last year here in Georgia.

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on December 10, 2012, 05:51:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Slowbrew on December 10, 2012, 03:05:32 PM ---I wonder where something like that would work in Des Miones?  Hmmmm?

It probably wouldn't fly under Iowa law.  Law enforcement here fights brew-pubs selling growlers.  The pubs can't even sell their own beer in growlers without having a distributor pick it up and redeliver it back to the pub.  It might be a good little money maker if you could get a license though.

Paul

--- End quote ---
Yeah, and I think in many states only producers can sell growlers, not retailers.

--- End quote ---

You are correct. In Michigan, only Brewpubs and MicroBrewery licenses can fill growlers. The largest brewery in the state, Bells, can't fill growlers as they have a Brewers license (over 60k barrrels). That is moot for them, as Larry Bell did not sell growlers before they grew into the Brewers license.

Jimmy K:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on December 10, 2012, 06:49:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on December 10, 2012, 05:51:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Slowbrew on December 10, 2012, 03:05:32 PM ---I wonder where something like that would work in Des Miones?  Hmmmm?

It probably wouldn't fly under Iowa law.  Law enforcement here fights brew-pubs selling growlers.  The pubs can't even sell their own beer in growlers without having a distributor pick it up and redeliver it back to the pub.  It might be a good little money maker if you could get a license though.

Paul

--- End quote ---
Yeah, and I think in many states only producers can sell growlers, not retailers.

--- End quote ---

You are correct. In Michigan, only Brewpubs and MicroBrewery licenses can fill growlers. The largest brewery in the state, Bells, can't fill growlers as they have a Brewers license (over 60k barrrels). That is moot for them, as Larry Bell did not sell growlers before they grew into the Brewers license.

--- End quote ---
Here Dogfish sells growlers at the pub but not the brewery (don't know if that is law or choice). Fordham, a smaller brewery, cannot sell any beer on-site due to partial ownership by AB, which technically puts them over the limit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version