General Category > Kegging and Bottling

bottling small amount from full batch

<< < (2/4) > >>

goschman:
Thanks guys. Not sure if I will have time to get any by Thursday night so I may have to go with my original plan.

erockrph:
You could also prime the bottles individually with priming sugar if you have the ability to measure it accurately.

morticaixavier:
Or bring a growler to your friends and pull a growler full after it is forced carbed but before it is all gone.

goschman:
All good ideas. I can only measure down to whole grams so I am not sure if that would be accurate enough. It looks like it would be about 2.21 g of table sugar per bottle according to what I normally do. I could do 2 g per bottle and just accept that it will be a little off.

erockrph:

--- Quote from: goschman on December 11, 2012, 05:21:24 PM ---All good ideas. I can only measure down to whole grams so I am not sure if that would be accurate enough. It looks like it would be about 2.21 g of table sugar per bottle according to what I normally do. I could do 2 g per bottle and just accept that it will be a little off.

--- End quote ---

Here's an old pharmacy trick. Weigh out the full amount needed for the entire batch. Spread it out into an even rectangle, then use a ruler to divide that rectangle into even sections for each beer you're bottling. This should help boost your accuracy a bit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version