General Category > Yeast and Fermentation

nothing is Happening

(1/5) > >>

safi:
So i dont like starting new threads every time i have a problem, but im a bit confused and lost at the moment im trying to get a English Brown Ale to Ferment but not having any luck. I used one of those kits i got from a local homebrew place. I started Fermentation on 11/30/12 and doesnt look like its doing anything. The kit came with a dry yeast, and i threw the yeast in there without getting it started, i keep it at around 65-67 thanks

jamminbrew:
Have you checked your gravity? Did you check before fermentation?

safi:
before Fermentation it was at 5.3%  i havent checked it recently, but i did just taste it, and it tastes like watered down beer that is really bitter, what do you experts think?

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: safi on December 11, 2012, 07:54:21 PM ---before Fermentation it was at 5.3%  i havent checked it recently, but i did just taste it, and it tastes like watered down beer that is really bitter, what do you experts think?

--- End quote ---

I think it's done. you said it yourself, watered down BEER wort is sweet and if nothing had happened it would probably also be somewhat sour and nasty but the yeast did their job and you now have beer! bottle it and drink it.

tschmidlin:
When you say it was at 5.3%, do you mean 1.053?  Have you checked the gravity to see where it is now?

Can you run us through what you did exactly?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version