Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What are you tappin'?  (Read 8505 times)

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
What are you tappin'?
« on: December 12, 2012, 06:51:06 am »
What have you got in the pipelines that you're excited about that will soon be tapped?

I tapped an extra pale ale last night with 91% 2-row, 9% special B, cascade and chinook to about 54 IBUs, and the beer came out to 6.66%! Metal! It's f*cking tasty if I do say so myself. Really surprise myself once in a while. I used the new BRY-97 for this one and it turned out nicely. Still might rather use US-05, but either way, it's a good yeast.
Jesse

Offline blatz

• Paul Blatz - Jupiter, FL
Re: What are you tappin'?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 07:25:14 am »
Got a lot of good schtuff in the pipeline right now - I've got my first batch on my new system, a dunkel, that should be tapped soon, the FWH/Whirlpool only IPA i discussed here: http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=13803.0 (though I tweaked it a bit before the final run), an American Stout, and I still have a keg of my medal winning fest in the on deck fridge!
The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.

BJCP National: F0281

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 07:35:11 am »
I stocked up for the holidays!  Got:

-2 kegs of Sam Smith's Nut Brown Ale Clone
-a keg of my famous holiday Stout
-2 kegs of "Pale Ale Goodness"
-2 kegs of Pilsner Urquell Clone
-a keg of Steam Beer

And I'm bottling my holiday Pumkin Ale tonight with a Chimay bottling a few days away!

Dave
Dave Zach

Offline Thirsty_Monk

• Brewmaster General
  • Eau Claire WI
    • Lazy Monk Brewing
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 07:37:39 am »
Smoked bock. It is finishing fermenting but it looks nice.
I did not want to make it too smoky and I used only 33% smoked German malt.
Na Zdravie

Lazy Monk Brewing
http://www.lazymonkbrewing.com

Offline EHall

• Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 07:44:00 am »
I'm tapping that ass!!
Phoenix, AZ

Offline Joe Sr.

• Chicago - NORTH SIDE
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 07:55:06 am »
It's all in the reflexes. - Jack Burton

Offline thebigbaker

• Brewmaster
  • Denver, CO
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 07:55:34 am »
I just put online my version of Avery's Old Jubilation and my Saison de Noel.  Couldn't be more happier with the way these two turned out.  I've got a Hefeweizen (wife's request to beak up all the malty high ABV beers we have on tap) and a pale ale dry hopped w/ Simcoe and Cascade that will be kegged this weekend.
Jeremy Baker

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Offline metron-brewer

• Assistant Brewer
  • White Bear Lake, MN
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 07:57:10 am »
Just kegged Union Jack IPA from the IPA book, witing on it to carb, preliminary tastes were great. Also have my first attempt at Pliny The Elder in primary ready for first dry Hops this weekend.
Ron B.
White Bear Lake, MN

Offline udubdawg

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 08:02:23 am »
several ciders and perries nearly ready. Lagering Helles, Schwarzbier, Vienna, with a couple more almost ready to move to the fridge.  Love doing lagers, but my typical "wait, wait, wait...DRINK IT ALL!" schedule makes it difficult to do them often. 

cheers--
--Michael

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 08:45:28 am »
My Complicated Blonde that I got to brew at a local brewpub just got kegged last night and is carbing comfortably. I wanted to do a batch on my home system to see how it translates. Seems a bit darker at this point. Split the batch between WL001 and WY1450 to compare. 

This weekend I'll start the first round of dry hopping for my Backyard IPA which is made from 100% of the hops grown in our backyard last summer.  It's basically the Pliny Clone grain/hop bill with my hops subbed in.  I used Willamette, Mt. Hood, CTZ and Cascade. Can't wait to try it!
I grew a wild hair on this batch and decided to pitch half of the wort with WY3787. 
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 08:53:45 am »
I'm tapping that ass!!
American Sour Stout? ;)
Jesse

Offline morticaixavier

• I must live here
  • Underhill VT
    • The Best Artist in the WORLD!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 08:56:26 am »
Nothin really new here. Got a wit beer that turned out really nice even though it was second runnings from a barley wine, Capped the mash with some rolled oats, wheat malt, and a little extra pils (yes it was a pils based barley wine, I used what I had) tapped that the other night and was pleseantly suprised.
"Creativity is the residue of wasted time"
-A Einstein

"errors are [...] the portals of discovery"
- J Joyce

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 10:01:59 am »
This holiday is a line up of my standards.  Wheat, Sour Mash, RIPA and a Belgium Ale on tap.  Porter and Stout in the fridge in wire top bottles.  Nothing exciting this year.

Looking forward to the Bourbon Vanilla Porter I kegged by accident (I forgot that I planned on bottling it).  I will probably move it into bottles during Christmas vacation.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 10:18:41 am »
I also tapped a coffee stout a few days ago, too, that is mighty delicious. Might be slightly too strong on the coffee side though, but not overly. Feels really good to have good beer on tap. I go through periods where some of my beers just seem off or don't do it for me, and that gets kinda depressing.
Jesse

Offline Slowbrew

• I spend way too much time on the AHA forum
  • The Slowly Losing IT Brewery in Urbandale, IA
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 10:31:37 am »
I also tapped a coffee stout a few days ago, too, that is mighty delicious. Might be slightly too strong on the coffee side though, but not overly. Feels really good to have good beer on tap. I go through periods where some of my beers just seem off or don't do it for me, and that gets kinda depressing.

I know what you mean.  I put an amber on tap 2 weeks before our Oktoberfest that I almost pulled off the line.  Glad I didn't though.  Something changed between day 2 on tap and day 15 on tap and it was the most "liked" beer of the night.  The O-fest never did blossom.  Wasn't bad but wasn't great either.  You just never know.

Paul
Where the heck are we going?  And what's with this hand basket?