Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: What are you tappin'?  (Read 8504 times)

Offline redbeerman

• Senior Brewmaster
  • On the banks of the mighty Susquehanna in MD
Re: What are you tappin'?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 10:43:18 am »
On tap now:
Eliminator Doppelbock
Impy Red Ale - 9.2%
Saison Mélange
Ich bin ein Berliner Weisse
In the keg this weekend:
Quadrophenia - BDSA

I must say I'm really happy with the way my beers have been turning out.  Thanks to you all.
CH3CH2OH - Without it, life itself would be impossible.

[441, 112.1deg] AR

Jim

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 11:43:57 am »
Just bottled 2 gallons of cider - one gallon dry hopped with Nelson Sauvin that smells unbelievable. My Riwaka IPA is just finishing carbing and my dubbel/amber hybrid is just about to get dry-hopped. Blackberry Lemon Melomel just needs a final tasting to see if it needs any more backsweetening or acid, then it's ready to go too. Got a lot in the pipeline that I'm excited about right now.
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline bwana

• Cellarman
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 11:52:47 am »
I have an American Pale Ale on Tap with large additions of Simcoe and Cascade at flameout. I just finished carbing 10 gal of Brown Ale but will only tap one. I have another 20 gal fermenting 10 in basement and 10 in my garage.

Offline ynotbrusum

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 11:55:08 am »
On tap - A Lighter Shade of Pale ale, Deutsch Regen Pils,  Bucksnort Brown, SS Minnow Mild;

Ready to be tapped- Nightlinger classic American Dark Lager, Goin' Nutty Oatmeal Mild, and Christpils (for Christmas).

A few bottles remain from others during the year for special occasions that might be brought out....

Cheers All
Hodge Garage Brewing: "Brew with a glad heart!"

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 11:56:11 am »
Well, last night we tried for the first time, our Rhubarb IPA. 

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 12:08:36 pm »
Quote from: Slowbrew

Quote from: beersk

I also tapped a coffee stout a few days ago, too, that is mighty delicious. Might be slightly too strong on the coffee side though, but not overly. Feels really good to have good beer on tap. I go through periods where some of my beers just seem off or don't do it for me, and that gets kinda depressing.

I know what you mean.  I put an amber on tap 2 weeks before our Oktoberfest that I almost pulled off the line.  Glad I didn't though.  Something changed between day 2 on tap and day 15 on tap and it was the most "liked" beer of the night.  The O-fest never did blossom.  Wasn't bad but wasn't great either.  You just never know.

Paul

I know, I hate it. Just so disappointing to tap a beer and have it just be blah. I wish every beer I brewed was as good as the ones I have on right now.

Interesting. That got a little sourness to it?

« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 12:12:04 pm by beersk »
Jesse

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 12:16:17 pm »
Quote from: Slowbrew

Quote from: beersk

I also tapped a coffee stout a few days ago, too, that is mighty delicious. Might be slightly too strong on the coffee side though, but not overly. Feels really good to have good beer on tap. I go through periods where some of my beers just seem off or don't do it for me, and that gets kinda depressing.

I know what you mean.  I put an amber on tap 2 weeks before our Oktoberfest that I almost pulled off the line.  Glad I didn't though.  Something changed between day 2 on tap and day 15 on tap and it was the most "liked" beer of the night.  The O-fest never did blossom.  Wasn't bad but wasn't great either.  You just never know.

Paul

I know, I hate it. Just so disappointing to tap a beer and have it just be blah. I wish every beer I brewed was as good as the ones I have on right now.

Interesting. That got a little sourness to it?

Just a bit.  We started by putting 2lbs in the boil with about 10 minutes left, but after about 10 days, it had more of a vegatable flavor.  So we took 2 more pounds, cooked it with honey, and added that to the fermenter.  Another 5 days, and it's done.  It's for a "Strangebrew" festival near me every winter.

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 12:35:08 pm »
Better be careful using that name, you might get sued. People might confuse the festival for a homebrew shop.
Jesse

Offline micsager

• Senior Brewmaster
What are you tappin'?
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2012, 12:54:55 pm »
It's been called that for 9 years now

I say "bring it"

Offline beersk

• In the night!
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2012, 01:49:04 pm »
I was just kidding anyway. :)

Jesse

Offline dannyjed

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Toledo, OH
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2012, 02:26:28 pm »
I've got a X-mas Ale clone, Rye Pale Ale, and Belgian Dubbel on tap with an IPA and Cider on deck.  I'm going to bottle my Barley Wine this weekend that has been ageing on yellow birch.
Dan Chisholm

Offline euge

• I must live here
  • Ego ceruisam ad bibere cervisiam
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2012, 02:49:03 pm »
I'm drinking the third commemorative beer from my Mother's passing. It's a 5%, 10 srm Pale Ale aimed at 40 bu's. A 13 gallon batch was split with Munton's yeast the other with S-05. I blended the excess three gallons at racking-time and drank it first once carbonated. All three kegs were sugar-primed and conditioned at room temp. Munton's was the next to go.

I think the blend was by far the most complex though each has been quite fine and interestingly different beers.
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. -Richard P. Feynman

Laws are spider-webs, which catch the little flies, but cannot hold the big ones. -Anacharsis

Offline oly

• Cellarman
  • beervana
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2012, 03:13:59 pm »
My Complicated Blonde that I got to brew at a local brewpub just got kegged last night and is carbing comfortably. I wanted to do a batch on my home system to see how it translates. Seems a bit darker at this point. Split the batch between WL001 and WY1450 to compare. 

This weekend I'll start the first round of dry hopping for my Backyard IPA which is made from 100% of the hops grown in our backyard last summer.  It's basically the Pliny Clone grain/hop bill with my hops subbed in.  I used Willamette, Mt. Hood, CTZ and Cascade. Can't wait to try it!
I grew a wild hair on this batch and decided to pitch half of the wort with WY3787.

Which brewpub made your recipe? When are they serving it?

Offline liquidbrewing

• Brewer
  • OG - FG x 131= ABV%
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 03:50:36 pm »
On Tap:

Dry Hopped Brown Ale
Pliny the Younger(ish) clone
American Stout
Amber Ale

Fermenting:

Edworts Apfelwein
Centennial IPA

Ready to keg: when I have time:

Vanilla Rum Raisin Stout

Kegged on deck ready to tap:

Hard Cider
New American Stout
Justin
Liquid Brewing, Co.
"Find Your Own Level"

Offline gmac

• Brewmaster General
  • London, Ontario
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 06:04:11 pm »
Just tapped my Kiwi Pale Ale - All NZ hops.  Tropical and yummy.

Gotta get kegging:
American Premium Lager,
Irish Red
Kolsch
Cider
All ready to keg.

Working: American Farmhouse and Teat Dip (or Booby Juice) Milk Stout - name to be determined.