General Category > Pimp My System

Blatzhaus Electric Brauerei

<< < (2/9) > >>

blatz:

--- Quote from: Pinski on December 12, 2012, 08:54:59 AM ---Awesome! I love touring other folks' breweries.  Thanks for sharing!
I noticed you have a couple counterflow chillers.  How do you generally configure your cooling system?

--- End quote ---

Thanks all.

Yeah it's a double ganged CFC - I pump the hot wort through CFC one which has hose water running through the water side, then through CFC #2 which I pump a loop of ice water that is in the in the HLT.

If I am doing a whirlpool or a lager, I will just run the hose water and recirc the wort for a while until I'm ready to get it really cold.

Not sure if I explained it well enough.

Pinski:

--- Quote from: blatz on December 12, 2012, 09:01:24 AM ---
--- Quote from: Pinski on December 12, 2012, 08:54:59 AM ---Awesome! I love touring other folks' breweries.  Thanks for sharing!
I noticed you have a couple counterflow chillers.  How do you generally configure your cooling system?

--- End quote ---

Thanks all.

Yeah it's a double ganged CFC - I pump the hot wort through CFC one which has hose water running through the water side, then through CFC #2 which I pump a loop of ice water that is in the in the HLT.

If I am doing a whirlpool or a lager, I will just run the hose water and recirc the wort for a while until I'm ready to get it really cold.

Not sure if I explained it well enough.

--- End quote ---

Nice, got it.  Thanks!

yso191:
Wow, great looking setup!

hamiltont:
Looks awesome Paul.  I know it's been a dream of yours for quite a while. Happy to see it finally became a reality for you! Cheers!!!

blatz:

--- Quote from: hamiltont on December 12, 2012, 09:41:24 AM ---Looks awesome Paul.  I know it's been a dream of yours for quite a while. Happy to see it finally became a reality for you! Cheers!!!

--- End quote ---

Thanks bro - it has been - and I am having a lot of fun with it.  Don't know if it makes better beer yet, but I enjoy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version