General Category > Beer Recipes

West Coast Winter Ale (Winter IPA?)

<< < (2/2)

majorvices:
Personally, I can't drink Gubna. Just tastes awful to me and I totally get the onion and garlic. Maybe it is person to person but "blech" - I hate summit. The other IPA or IIPA (I believe it is called Deviant) they have out that is new also uses summit and it is just as unapproachable to me as the Gubna. Just can't enjoy that hop. I ado agree that in both those beers the summit is probably aggressively late hopped.

I also think the special b is over the top in your recipe for my tastes. Again, it could be subjective. I'm not a big fan of special B either, though. ;)

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: majorvices on December 12, 2012, 07:39:07 PM ---Personally, I can't drink Gubna. Just tastes awful to me and I totally get the onion and garlic. Maybe it is person to person but "blech" - I hate summit.

--- End quote ---
I agree, but I spoke with a hop grower who said that the major buyers of summit like it the way it is (higher alpha), that's why they pick it when they do.  Earlier harvest summit apparently doesn't have that flavor (but is lower alpha), in line with what snowtiger has heard.  FWIW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version