General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

Crispin Artisanal Ciders

(1/4) > >>

MDixon:
I happened upon three of these at my local store. Don't waste your time, two of the three absolutely sucked and the third, The Saint, was only passable IMO.

http://mashbang.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/two-thumbs-down/

tschmidlin:
FWIW, my neighbor likes the Crispin ciders quite a bit, especially the honey crisp.  Maybe it doesn't travel well?  Or maybe she has a lousy palate. :)

The Professor:

--- Quote from: MDixon on December 17, 2012, 09:15:38 AM ---I happened upon three of these at my local store. Don't waste your time, two of the three absolutely sucked and the third, The Saint, was only passable IMO.

--- End quote ---

Wow...different strokes, I guess.
They may not possess the character of a fine, home made cider...but the Crispin ciders I've tried were anything but offensive; in fact, I rather liked the dry one. 

As with beer, I guess that it just proves the notion that one man's poison is another man's elixer.
I'm lucky enough to have a local retailer that offers a single bottle purchase option for nearly everything new that comes into his store.  It's a godsend these days, especially with so many duds hitting the shelves lately.
 ;)

Jimmy K:
I've had them and thought they were fine, but whether you like them would depend on what kind of cider you want. Crispin is owned by Miller-Coors, so I'd guess from ownership that they are trying to compete with Woodchuck/Strongbow/etc. and not dry artisinal ciders.

jeffy:
I didn't much care for the Crispin ciders, although I agree that the driest one was OK.
Angry Orchard ciders seem to me to be pretty good.  I found they are made by the Sam Adams guys, so I guess they're not as "crafty" as they should be, eh?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version