General Category > Kegging and Bottling

co2 tank filling

<< < (2/8) > >>

ultravista:
Check if you have SimplexGrinnell in your neck of the woods. They fill my tanks here in Vegas. Airgas is another place.

anje:

--- Quote from: dwhite55 on December 20, 2012, 08:59:45 PM ---I questioned the guy before and he gave me some BS about it may heat up and expand so they can't fill them to 5#s.

--- End quote ---
Temperature change isn't going to affect weight/mass.

dwhite55:
Thanks for all the input. It is exactly what I assumed. I questioned the guy this morning. he had all kinds of excuses. I have found a new supplier. He's a little further away, but for a full tank it's worth it.
Thanks again,
dwhite55

hubie:

--- Quote from: anje on December 21, 2012, 10:00:06 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Well, sure, maybe for non-relativistic physics ...

By the way, do places that fill CO2 bottles generally also deal with propane?  Most of the places I see for propane (gas stations, big box stores, grocery stores) all have the Blue Rhino setup and I'd like to see what other options I have.

Jimmy K:

--- Quote from: anje on December 21, 2012, 10:00:06 AM ---
--- Quote from: dwhite55 on December 20, 2012, 08:59:45 PM ---I questioned the guy before and he gave me some BS about it may heat up and expand so they can't fill them to 5#s.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
It would affect pressure which is the real concern with a tank. But still, 2lbs in a 5lb tank would be 60% headspace - overkill. I would think a 5lb tank is certified to hold 5lbs of CO2 and still have space for expansion, but I don't know the specifics of tank certification.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version