Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Anybody ever heard of Summit Kegerators?  (Read 6249 times)

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
Re: Anybody ever heard of Summit Kegerators?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 04:18:33 pm »
Thats for sure. This thing still has a puddle of 7up syrup in it. Evidently all midwestsupplies does is pressure test thier used kegs. 2 of the o rings are flat. But for $25 and shipping I wont complain.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline Delo

• Brewer
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 07:22:23 am »
From what I remember reading, Summit and Sanyo kegerators are the same now.  A while ago I was looking into the Sanyo kegerators because they had pretty decent reviews as compared to other models(which the biggest complaints were they couldnt hold low temperatures). I have a Sanyo refrigerator that I bought from Craiglist that I was supposed to convert into a kegerator, but it hasnt happened yet, and it doesnt have any temperature problems...Short story long, I will probably be buying a kegerator and have been really considering Summit.  It seems like most people reviewing them online are happy with them. Good luck with your purchase and I am interested in hearing how you like yours.

PS The 7up syrup may actually be the cleanser they used to clean them.  I've ordered kegs from another place that were cleaned and pressure tested and they smelled like 7up...or maybe they never cleaned them either. Anyway, I cleaned them with soap and water and replaced the orings too and they were fine. Unless the o rings are new, I would replace them anyway.
Mark

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 08:43:40 am »
This thing arrived just before I left for work yesterday. All I can say is WOW! This thing is a very solid unit. The tower is freaking heavy. The top of it is counter top material of some sort roughly 5/8" thick. The instruction sheet is labeled Sanyo. I am looking forward to putting it together. It is a little bigger than I imagined it. And the difference between this thing and the Magic Chef they had on display at Mennards is like night and day.
Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS

Offline gymrat

• Brewmaster
  • Ralph's Brewery
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 07:54:07 am »
Putting this thing together was a pain. They didn't measure for the pilot holes correctly. I had to drill my own. And it teeters and doesn't seem to have a way of adjusting level so I am going to need to do that with shims. Other than that I am very happy with it.

Ralph's Brewery
Topeka, KS