Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Christmas Presents  (Read 11137 times)

Offline rjberry

• Cellarman
Christmas Presents
« on: December 25, 2012, 10:06:13 am »
Did anybody get any good homebrewing Christmas presents.  My awesome wife got me a bottle drying rack, and a really cool homebrewing journal.  I gave my father-in-law a six-pack of the latest coffee stout that I brewed (Addicted Coffee Stout from September/October Zymurgy) and he loved it.  I hope that everyone else gave and received some good brew related gifts.

Merry Christmas!
“We’re not here for the game. The game is nothing. The game is crap. The game makes me sick. The real reason we Americans put up with sports is for this: Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise.” - Homer Simpson

Offline smkranz

• Brewer
  • Maryland
    • Midnight Homebrewers' League
Re: Christmas Presents
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 11:09:37 am »
Samuel Adams Utopias 10th Anniversary.
Steve K.
BJCP Beer & Mead Certified
Midnight Homebrewers' League
http://www.midnighthomebrewers.org

Offline tonyp

• Brewmaster
  • If it ain't broke you aren't trying hard enough...
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 11:35:28 am »
I got a personalized wooden beer flight with 4 sample glasses, Yeast by White & Zainasheff and a Glenmorangie Discovery Pack (750ML of orig 10 yr and 3 50ML bottles of the 12 yr range, Lasanta (Sherry finished), Quinta Ruben (Port finished) and Nectar D’Or (Sauternes finish)).

not a bad haul!
Live from the Jersey Shore!

Phrases for Creatives, #22:
"I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter."

Offline amh0001

• Cellarman
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 12:26:56 pm »
I also got Yeast by JZ/White. And designing great beers by Ray. TY wifey!

Offline tomsawyer

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 01:22:50 pm »
I got a personalized wooden beer flight with 4 sample glasses, Yeast by White & Zainasheff and a Glenmorangie Discovery Pack (750ML of orig 10 yr and 3 50ML bottles of the 12 yr range, Lasanta (Sherry finished), Quinta Ruben (Port finished) and Nectar D’Or (Sauternes finish)).

not a bad haul!
Got my father-in-law a bottle of the Lasanta.  They headed to Mexico right after the get-together so I had to bring it home for him.  It keeps staring at me!

I got a gift cert to the LHBS at a Yule party, and one from my daughter for Square One brewery and distillery in St Louis.
Lennie
Hannibal, MO

Offline rbclay

• Assistant Brewer
  • Northfield, MN
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2012, 04:26:47 pm »
barley crusher, 10 gallon 2-port kettle and a Blichmann floor burner... I treated myself well this season. Wife says I can only buy ingredients next year. OK, deal...
Randy Clay
Milltown Mashers
https://www.facebook.com/groups/404574082932834/
BJCP Certified

Offline tschmidlin

• I must live here
  • Redmond, WA
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 05:10:13 pm »
Samuel Adams Utopias 10th Anniversary.
Wow!

Nothing beery for me, but then I don't really need anything.  Good Christmas though. :)
Tom Schmidlin

Offline Pinski

• Senior Brewmaster
  • Portland, Oregon
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 06:14:28 pm »
Santa brought me a flight of Deschutes The Abyss bombers, 2007-2012. Looking forward to aging them and starting a new X-mas beverage tradition.
Steve Carper
Green Dragon Brewers
Clubs: Oregon Brew Crew & Strange Brew
BJCP Certified

Offline dbarber

• Brewer
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 06:41:33 pm »
I got a March pump and the hops book by Stan H.
Dave Barber
Orwigsburg, PA
AHA Member, BJCP National

Offline erockrph

• I must live here
  • Chepachet, RI
    • The Hop WHisperer
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2012, 09:27:22 pm »
I got a 1-liter engraved boot from my wife and son, along with a NB shirt and $100 gift card to Northern Brewer. I'm drinking some Samichlaus from my boot as we speak. Now I need to figure out what to spend my gift card on. Leaning towards a grain mill, but a pH meter and refractometer are also high on my list.

A family friend obviously hit up my Amazon wish list and got me Wild Brews, Brewing Better Beer and Brew Like a Monk. Got lots of reading to do :)

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!
Eric B.

Finally got around to starting a homebrewing blog: The Hop Whisperer

Offline kmccaf

• Brewmaster
  • Kyle (Champaign, Hensley Township, Il)
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2012, 10:01:06 pm »
My awesome wife gave me grain mill! I also gave some BVIP as gifts. Really looking forward to my new mill, that corona one was exhausting. Will have to brew something special for her.
Kyle M.

Offline bboy9000

• Brewmaster
  • KCMO
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2012, 10:18:53 pm »
My parents gave me a copy of Extreme Brewing by San Calagione.  None of this would've been possible if my girlfriend's parents wouldn't have given me a Mr. Beer kit last Christmas.  Now I'm so hooked I'm on my 24th batch, been all grain since June.
Brian
mobrewer

Offline beersk

• Official Poobah of No Life. (I Got Ban Hammered by Drew)
  • In the night!
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 07:34:12 am »
My girlfriend got me "Brewing Better Beer". I told my dad about it and he said, "She trying to tell you something?" haha, I laughed.
I also got my dad a brewing starter kit from Northern Brewer.  They had a deal where if you bought a 5 gallon kettle and a dead ringer kit, you get the brewing equipment free...unbelievable; saved like 90 bucks.
Jesse

Offline gandelf

• Assistant Brewer
  • Mill Creek Brewery, Temptation Rd
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 07:39:59 am »
A new Auber PID with a timer for my liquid fermentation chamber. The Ranco will be going
to the son-in-law.
Religion; A contrived security blanked for a species that is currently in its adolescent phase of its evolutionary journey.

Offline hubie

• Assistant Brewer
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 09:23:01 am »
Due to some confusion between family members, I received two Blichmann floor burners!  Since my production isn't too high, I don't think having two burners is the best use of my resources so I think I'll return one and get credit towards a grain mill.  Compared to my old turkey fryer burner, the Blichmann looks like a thing of beauty!  I can't wait to try it out.