Other than Brewing > The Pub

Sign my petition: Remove the 12% ABV cap on beer in Ohio

<< < (2/4) > >>

a10t2:
So why not get a legislator (or several) to sponsor a bill changing the law? That's what you're going to have to do anyway, unless the plan is for someone else to see the petition and take action.

topher.bartos:
I already emailed a few legislators about the petition. It has been proposed in Ohio to raise the ABV from 12 - 18% but I don't know if it has a lot of support. That's where this petition comes into play.

EDIT: I read somewhere that the proposal to increase the ABV limit on beer to 18% has been removed from the budget in 2011

denny:

--- Quote from: topher.bartos on December 28, 2012, 12:44:33 PM ---Should. But, not necessary. There have been people signing from California, Massachusetts, Colorado, etc.

Strength in numbers!!

--- End quote ---

I'd advise you to limit it to only OH residents.  Based on my experience getting the laws changed here, OH legislators don't care what people in other states might think.

topher.bartos:

--- Quote from: denny on December 28, 2012, 01:13:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: topher.bartos on December 28, 2012, 12:44:33 PM ---Should. But, not necessary. There have been people signing from California, Massachusetts, Colorado, etc.

Strength in numbers!!

--- End quote ---

I'd advise you to limit it to only OH residents.  Based on my experience getting the laws changed here, OH legislators don't care what people in other states might think.

--- End quote ---

+1 -- 99% of the signers are from Ohio. I'm only hoping that Ohio residents are also on these forums.

nateo:

--- Quote from: a10t2 on December 28, 2012, 12:59:03 PM ---So why not get a legislator (or several) to sponsor a bill changing the law? That's what you're going to have to do anyway, unless the plan is for someone else to see the petition and take action.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that was my point. I don't really get what a random internet petition will accomplish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version