General Category > Ingredients

Too much lactic acid?

(1/6) > >>

denny:
Getting ready to brew a German pils.  Looks like as part of my water adjustment I need to add 2.6 ml of lactic acid to the mash and 1.3 ml. to the sparge.  Doesn't seem excessive to me, but I wanted to get opinions.

jeffy:

--- Quote from: denny on January 01, 2013, 12:58:30 PM ---Getting ready to brew a German pils.  Looks like as part of my water adjustment I need to add 2.6 ml of lactic acid to the mash and 1.3 ml. to the sparge.  Doesn't seem excessive to me, but I wanted to get opinions.

--- End quote ---
Do you check your mash pH?  I would add conservatively and check it.

nateo:
If that's what Bru'n water tells you to do, it's probably correct. Double-check for operator error on the spreadsheet, but it's always within +/-0.1 pH when I check with my meter.

musseldoc:
The volumes sound reasonable, but it ultimately depends on the acid concentration and buffering capacity of your mash. 

denny:

--- Quote from: jeffy on January 01, 2013, 01:10:38 PM ---
--- Quote from: denny on January 01, 2013, 12:58:30 PM ---Getting ready to brew a German pils.  Looks like as part of my water adjustment I need to add 2.6 ml of lactic acid to the mash and 1.3 ml. to the sparge.  Doesn't seem excessive to me, but I wanted to get opinions.

--- End quote ---
Do you check your mash pH?  I would add conservatively and check it.

--- End quote ---

I usually just add what Bru'nwater tells me and check it afterward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version