General Category > Commercial Beer Reviews

Unibroue la Terrible

<< < (2/3) > >>

brewmichigan:
I have found that the trader joes vintage ale is very similar to this beer and for $4.99, not a bad price either. I bet they use a similar recipe and age it differently or spice it differently.

mudman:

--- Quote from: brewmichigan on January 02, 2013, 08:18:36 AM ---I have found that the trader joes vintage ale is very similar to this beer and for $4.99, not a bad price either. I bet they use a similar recipe and age it differently or spice it differently.

--- End quote ---
Yep, we compared the two and there was very little difference, but of course the age of a beer like this can be all it takes to make them taste different.

majorvices:
Unibroue makes some awesome beers. Their tripel (La Fin Du Monde) is one of the best commercially made tripels out there IMO.

jmmcfarland:

--- Quote from: majorvices on January 03, 2013, 05:59:12 AM ---Unibroue makes some awesome beers. Their tripel (La Fin Du Monde) is one of the best commercially made tripels out there IMO.

--- End quote ---
:)

I vacationed in Vancouver B.C. recently and was blown away by the quality and quantity of the local beers and breweries. Phillips and Driftwood were among my favorites. Great beers.

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: phillamb168 on January 02, 2013, 01:12:00 AM ---Not to diss Unibroue or anything, but Dieu du Ciel is IMO the best Canadian brewery.

--- End quote ---

+1 phil. I find the unibroue beers to all have a house flavour that doesn't work for me. But that could be purely personal taste.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version