Other than Brewing > All Things Food

DIY Bacon

<< < (2/7) > >>

euge:
Looks interesting. Wonder what is inside the baco?

gmac:

--- Quote from: euge on March 18, 2013, 09:21:12 AM ---Looks interesting. Wonder what is inside the baco?

--- End quote ---

Looking at the picture, I'd say scrambled egg.  Would make a nice breakfast taco.

corkybstewart:
I just started my first batch of bacon-3.2 pounds of some nice looking pork belly using Rulhman's recipe.  It's a good thing I'll be on the road all week, I won't be able to mess with it.

euge:
The meat is supposed to be flipped once a day while on the cure; but I left a slice of pork butt done with the same^^^ bacon cure for all last week without flipping and it turned out fine. I flipped it for the first day and the last several days so it must have been on the cure for two weeks. Cold smoked, then vac-sealed and poached (SV) at exactly 150F for 2 hours. Delicious. That's how fine the line is between ham and bacon. ;D

You'll love that bacon corky.

brewmichigan:
Made some last week. This was my second attempt and it turned out fantastic. It was a little extra time but well worth it, especially since I did 12 pounds and will seal it up and freeze it. I used Ruhlmans recipe for the most part.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version