General Category > Yeast and Fermentation

Stir plate question

<< < (2/2)

Pi:

--- Quote from: blatz on January 03, 2013, 08:28:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Pi on January 03, 2013, 08:25:11 AM ---How long do you use the stir plate after fermentation begins? do you run it till the bubbles stop?

--- End quote ---
...I tightly seal the foil on top and off she goes for cold crashing.

--- End quote ---
Do you bother cold crashing if you are planning on brewing in the next few days or would that be if you wanted it to keep longer?

theDarkSide:

--- Quote from: Pi on January 03, 2013, 01:16:19 PM ---Do you bother cold crashing if you are planning on brewing in the next few days or would that be if you wanted it to keep longer?

--- End quote ---

If it is an ale starter, and on the lower end (i.e. 1 liter or so, I'll pitch it right in ).  Anything bigger or if it's for a lager, I cold crash and decant, then pitch. 

If you have a few days, cold crash, decant, and pitch it.  You may want to let it warm up a bit if you are pitching at ale temps as well.

Pi:
Cool thanks, My gallon of WLP810 Is on its way to the fridge.

davidgzach:

--- Quote from: Pi on January 03, 2013, 01:16:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: blatz on January 03, 2013, 08:28:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Pi on January 03, 2013, 08:25:11 AM ---How long do you use the stir plate after fermentation begins? do you run it till the bubbles stop?

--- End quote ---
...I tightly seal the foil on top and off she goes for cold crashing.

--- End quote ---
Do you bother cold crashing if you are planning on brewing in the next few days or would that be if you wanted it to keep longer?

--- End quote ---

I cold crash every starter. 

Dave

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version