General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

2013 Brew Year's Resolutions/Goals

<< < (2/10) > >>

tygo:
1)  Attend my first NHC.
2)  Work with Brett more including a 100% brett beer (this one will definitely happen as the starter is already going).
3)  Enter a beer in each of my club's monthly competitions (and hopefully win  ;))
4)  Brew more American ales to try out new hop combinations

beersk:

--- Quote from: nateo on January 04, 2013, 09:16:14 AM ---1) Better QC. Dumping batches that are just "meh."
2) Drink less, and only drink good beer (related to #1)
3) Manage my ingredient inventory better (stop stockpiling stuff I don't really need)

--- End quote ---
I have a problem with hoppy beers that I brew. I seem to like them the first week, then my palate takes a turn and doesn't enjoy them anymore.  I'm sure it's my palate and not the beer...but I don't know. Hoppy beers tend to start tasting the same as the last one.
So I guess a Brew Year's resolution for me would be to figure out how to brew a good IPA, it's an elusive style for me, has been for a long time.
Drink and buy less commercial beer

hopfenundmalz:
Brew more lagers, and not make the process too hard, which I sometimes do.

Enter the Nationals, but try not to get too wound up about the beers. Just pick the best ones and send them into the first round. RDWHAHB.

Attend the NHC in Philly.

Relax, have fun, make the best beer we can, enjoy drinking it by the fire (now), or on the deck in 6 months.

AmandaK:
In no order of importance:

Brew styles that I haven't before - especially German styles!
-German Pilsner
-Vienna Lager
-Munich Dunkel
-Munich Helles
-Altbiers
-Schwarzbier
-Dopplebock
-Berliner Weisse
-Belgian Wit
-100% Brett Trois IPA
-Session IPA
-Belgian IPA w/WY3522

Judge/help in more competitions.
-Assist my local club as the assistant organizer for the regional NHC round
-Go/host continuing education classes for judges

Expand my sour beer pipeline.
-10 gallon lambic brew day
-Tart/funky saison?

Get REALLY good at saisons.
-I finally got a saison to turn out, so I must brew more! Perhaps a Saison w/ Brett % tart cherries? I was inspired by a fellow club member. :)

redbeerman:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on January 04, 2013, 10:18:28 AM ---Brew more lagers, and not make the process too hard, which I sometimes do.

Enter the Nationals, but try not to get too wound up about the beers. Just pick the best ones and send them into the first round. RDWHAHB.

Attend the NHC in Philly.

Relax, have fun, make the best beer we can, enjoy drinking it by the fire (now), or on the deck in 6 months.

--- End quote ---

With you on all of the above, Jeff.  Philly will be my first one.  I have three beers that I believe are good enough for the NHC comp.  I'm getting more picky with what I enter as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version