General Category > Yeast and Fermentation

Sort of a pole

<< < (2/5) > >>

erockrph:
When they're done dry-hopping :)

For normal-gravity ales I usually bottle after about 14 days. Bigger beers (above 1.065-1.070) sit for a good long while(4+ weeks), just to be sure. Most of my batches are in the 2-3 gallon range, so I really don't want to be taking a bunch of hydrometer readings if I can avoid it. I know my process/yeasts/temperatures well enough where I can just leave things the hell alone until I'm comfortable that it's done.

majorvices:
what type of pole is this? A fireman's pole? A striper's pole? Or is it actually sort of a poll? :) :P

udubdawg:

--- Quote from: majorvices on January 04, 2013, 10:43:53 AM ---what type of pole is this? A fireman's pole? A striper's pole? Or is it actually sort of a poll? :) :P

--- End quote ---

well, *I* laughed at the irony...   ;D

3 weeks for me.

cheers--
--Michael

corkybstewart:

--- Quote from: majorvices on January 04, 2013, 10:43:53 AM ---what type of pole is this? A fireman's pole? A striper's pole? Or is it actually sort of a poll? :) :P

--- End quote ---
We need a virtual stripper pole on this site.  I have a striper rod at home, but stripers are hard to find in the desert(actually about as hard to find as strippers).
As for the original question, unless it's a beer I need for a special occasion or something like a hefeweizen or mild that I know will be ready fast I don't even check gravity for 2 weeks.

blatz:

--- Quote from: udubdawg on January 04, 2013, 11:00:38 AM ---

--- End quote ---

well, *I* laughed at the irony...   ;D

3 weeks for me.

cheers--
--Michael

--- End quote ---

the ironical post of the wek...

2-3 weeks for ales and 3-4 for lagers for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version