General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Lagering Question

<< < (2/2)

majorvices:
I like to "lager" mine for a few (2-4) weeks at 32-28 degrees. Helps clear the beer, mellow out the alcohol character. You can do it in the bottle or in a bright tank/secondary. One thing I would recommend is to purge any secondary/bright tank with Co2 before racking. Or at least purge the head space.

weithman5:
I've layered in the primary for over a month and then bottled still enough yeast to do it. You can transfer to a bottling bucket also and bring in a little of the yeast off the bottom and mix well with the priming sugar.

HydraulicSammich:
I have a lager in the primary that will soon be four weeks old.  I usually leave it for four weeks and then rack to a keg and lager.  This beer I want to dry hop.  Has anyone just tossed in a couple of ounces of pellets in the primary for a additional week?  Then rack to keg and lager?

erockrph:

--- Quote from: HydraulicSammich on January 06, 2013, 07:53:53 PM ---I have a lager in the primary that will soon be four weeks old.  I usually leave it for four weeks and then rack to a keg and lager.  This beer I want to dry hop.  Has anyone just tossed in a couple of ounces of pellets in the primary for a additional week?  Then rack to keg and lager?

--- End quote ---

I like to dry hop warmer, so I combine my dry-hopping with a diacetyl rest at about 66-68F, then lager.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version