General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Forgive me, it's been too long.....

(1/4) > >>

oscarvan:
As I schlepped tub upon tub of empty bottles to the curb today..... OK, so I am supporting craft breweries and that's a good thing....we'll it's darn near a car payment....for a Cadillac!

Anywho.....today I cranked out 10 gallons of IPA....it will get dry hopped in about a week and should be a nice fruity bev....

And 10 gallons of imperial stout, half of which will get coffee fu fu'd as that's what some of my friends like....yes we're heading for a get together SCA style end of the month...

So, there IS a question in here. I was thinking for the "espresso keg" to brew a few pots of coffee using an espresso grind, then boiling the results down about 75%, after which I would add the syrup to the keg....

Sounds like a plan?

dannyjed:
Good to hear you're back in the game...A buddy of mine makes a great Coffee Stout by using a french press and cold steeping overnight, then adds it to the keg.

tschmidlin:
I definitely would avoid boiling the coffee.  A cold steep gives a nice mellow coffee flavor, strong enough if you use enough, but without any nasty burnt coffee flavors.

AmandaK:
A cold toddy is a better idea than boiling coffee down.

Glad you're back to brewing!  ;D

hopfenundmalz:
Good to hear from you again. Must have been bus driving a lot, and not brewing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version