General Category > Homebrew Competitions

BJCP tasting score

(1/3) > >>

gmac:
Just got my tasting score from Sept.  Scored 80. If I read the BJCP site correctly, this would qualify me for National rank if I had more experience points?  Am I reading this right? 

hopfenundmalz:
80 pts, that is great! You need and 80 on the essay, can't remember if you did the essay, if not you can now. Then get those experience points and you are National.

udubdawg:
for a guy who "crammed" and thought he did "OK" that is a great score...

no way to become National without a written exam, but at least you qualify to TAKE said written exam with that 80!

Congrats!

gmac:
Thanks. Yes, I see now that 80 plus 10 exp points qualifies me to write the proficiency exam. Not sure I will ever find one around here. Same for judging. Not many competitions around here. 

Yes, I did cram and I still think about things I would have written differently.

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: gmac on January 08, 2013, 07:12:25 AM ---Thanks. Yes, I see now that 80 plus 10 exp points qualifies me to write the proficiency exam. Not sure I will ever find one around here. Same for judging. Not many competitions around here. 

Yes, I did cram and I still think about things I would have written differently.

--- End quote ---

If you really want to spend the time and money you can do some in the US. I judged with a guy from Ontario last year. You might schedule some of your work trips so that you can hit an exam or judging session on the weekend.

There are some exams in SE MI once or twice a year.

Edit - It would be a shame to let that 80 tasting score just set there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version