General Category > Events

NHC 2013

<< < (3/3)

udubdawg:

--- Quote from: theDarkSide on January 21, 2013, 06:27:30 AM ---
--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on January 18, 2013, 08:04:41 PM ---I don't remember a ticket last year, first time. The proper pass on the lanyard was the ticket.

--- End quote ---
I don't remember the ticket either.  If they had to take the time to collect tickets, the meal would have been half over by the time I got in there.  I joined the line when it was all the way back to the hospitality suite.

--- End quote ---

So how did they know if people bought banquet tickets?  I bought everything except the banquet and don't recall my pass looking any different from any of the other attendees.  Maybe I'm colorblind?

To the AHA I'll repeat what I said last year, that some of us have spouses that would like to attend the banquet and possibly see us win a medal, but do not drink.  I wasn't going to pay for a whole conference that my wife wouldn't attend, and wasn't attending the banquet without her.  Being able to add a +1 banquet ticket would be a handy option.  Just sayin'...

cheers--
--Michael

garc_mall:
iirc, I think the people with banquet tickets had a small Fork and Knife in the corner of their nametag. Don't quote me on it though.

redbeerman:

--- Quote from: udubdawg on January 21, 2013, 06:54:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: theDarkSide on January 21, 2013, 06:27:30 AM ---
--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on January 18, 2013, 08:04:41 PM ---I don't remember a ticket last year, first time. The proper pass on the lanyard was the ticket.

--- End quote ---
I don't remember the ticket either.  If they had to take the time to collect tickets, the meal would have been half over by the time I got in there.  I joined the line when it was all the way back to the hospitality suite.

--- End quote ---

So how did they know if people bought banquet tickets?  I bought everything except the banquet and don't recall my pass looking any different from any of the other attendees.  Maybe I'm colorblind?

To the AHA I'll repeat what I said last year, that some of us have spouses that would like to attend the banquet and possibly see us win a medal, but do not drink.  I wasn't going to pay for a whole conference that my wife wouldn't attend, and wasn't attending the banquet without her.  Being able to add a +1 banquet ticket would be a handy option.  Just sayin'...

cheers--
--Michael

--- End quote ---

Same here as well.  My wife is not a big beer drinker (or drinker period), but would like to come to the banquet.  She is thinking about doing the Italian market on 9th street in south Philly in the morning and meeting me at Reading Terminal market in the afternoon.

tschmidlin:

--- Quote from: udubdawg on January 21, 2013, 06:54:45 AM ---To the AHA I'll repeat what I said last year, that some of us have spouses that would like to attend the banquet and possibly see us win a medal, but do not drink.  I wasn't going to pay for a whole conference that my wife wouldn't attend, and wasn't attending the banquet without her.  Being able to add a +1 banquet ticket would be a handy option.  Just sayin'...

--- End quote ---
I am sure if the banquet doesn't sell out then the AHA would be happy to sell +1 tickets for it.  But we had really limited space last year so that wasn't an option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version