General Category > Other Fermentables

How likely is it a Brett/infected batch of mead will come around?

<< < (2/2)

tschmidlin:
Oh, I didn't know it was that old.  Don't stir it, if it is stable I would rack it gently and give it a taste.

corkybstewart:
Brett won't "age out", it will always taste like brett.  The question is really whether or not you are gonna like the end result.  I love brett beers, I know a lot of people who just think they're beers that have turned bad.

nateo:
I've made Brett beers, from cultures. I've never used wild, accidental Brett. This mead has considerably more "funk" than I care for. Not like, clostridium dirty sock / puke funk, but closer to that end of the spectrum than the sweaty horse / fancy cheese end.

corkybstewart:
maybe you could drop a couple of Campden tablets in it, then blend it with something non-funky.

morticaixavier:

--- Quote from: nateo on January 11, 2013, 12:18:25 PM ---I've made Brett beers, from cultures. I've never used wild, accidental Brett. This mead has considerably more "funk" than I care for. Not like, clostridium dirty sock / puke funk, but closer to that end of the spectrum than the sweaty horse / fancy cheese end.

--- End quote ---

I don't mean to be critical in anyway but can I say that I think it is kind of hilarious that someone can say essentially, "at least it's not gross like dirty socks, instead it's nice! like sweaty horse!"

I actually really really like lambics and funky beers in general so

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version