Author Topic: What's Brewing This Weekend - 1/11 Edition  (Read 5855 times)

Offline wort-h.o.g.

• Brewer
  • Was möchten Sie trinken?
    • View Profile
    • Harvey's Brewhaus
Re: What's Brewing This Weekend - 1/11 Edition
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 02:02:07 PM »
I screwed up my back at work and they won't let me work for the next couple weeks, so it looks like brewing time!  Ground grain today for a pils and an IPA.  I'm gonna experiment with a significantly higher sulfate level than I normally use for IPA.

What ppm of sulfate are you targeting? And are you managing chloride ratio....curious.

Offline snowtiger87

• Brewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 03:54:20 PM »
I brewed a St Patrick's Day Stout (Dry Irish Stout) and a Mexican Amber Lager.
Brewing since 1989 - BJCP National Rank

Fermenting: McChouffe clone, Samiclaus clone
Conditioning: Belgian Tripel, Barrel Aged Baltic Porter - in sherry barrel, Belgain Easter Ale
On tap: CAP, Dortmunder Export, IIPA, Dubbel Chocolate Stout, Wee Heavy, Whiskey barrel aged Wee Heavy, Baltic Porter
Newly Bottled:

Offline BrewQwest

• Cellarman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 07:30:33 PM »
brewed up a 14 gallon batch of munich helles ..... inoculated one 5.5 gallon fermentor with wyeast munich lager yeast (appropriate starter) and the other with dry S-189 (appropriate sachets) rehydrated with go-ferm rehydration forumula....Pop quiz question: can anyone tell me what happened to the other 3 gallons????...the munich lager fermented at 50F and the S-189 fermented at 52F... the ambient temp in the fermentation chamber was as much as 3 degrees below the internal temp of the fermenting wort.... Had I went by ambient temp instead of internal temp, my fermentation temp would have been way too hot...see the lagering thread just below this one... cheers!!
On a never-ending journey for the perfect pint of beer...