General Category > Beer Recipes

The Ghosts of Homebrewing past

<< < (2/2)

kramerog:

--- Quote from: morticaixavier on January 10, 2013, 08:49:10 AM ---cool,

you gotta brew it, just once.

I've heard a rumor (totally a rumor, no supporting evidence at all) that at least some of the fleischmans bread yeasts are the same yeasts budweiser uses.

--- End quote ---

I remember an article stating the Fleischmann's compressed fresh yeast was Budweiser yeast.  I don't know anything about the dry yeast.  Nevertheless I pitched a package of Fleischmann's Active Dry yeast recently in a funky beer right before bottling this week.

denny:
You young 'uns don't know how good you've fot it!

micsager:

--- Quote from: denny on January 10, 2013, 09:46:48 AM ---You young 'uns don't know how good you've fot it!

--- End quote ---

You may be right Denny.  After looking at that recipe, I did realize how far the homebrewing industry has advanced.  Of course by the time I started back in 2002 or so, we already had so many more, good ingridients. 

I give props to anyone that was brewing when the only options were that malt syrup and bread yeast.  That's a true love of home brew. 

Alewyfe:

--- Quote from: micsager on January 10, 2013, 09:53:48 AM ---
--- Quote from: denny on January 10, 2013, 09:46:48 AM ---You young 'uns don't know how good you've fot it!

--- End quote ---

You may be right Denny.  After looking at that recipe, I did realize how far the homebrewing industry has advanced.  Of course by the time I started back in 2002 or so, we already had so many more, good ingridients. 

I give props to anyone that was brewing when the only options were that malt syrup and bread yeast.  That's a true love of home brew. 

--- End quote ---
It had nothing to do with love for many. $$$  My cousin's college roommate "Corny" (and we're not talking kegs here) put himself through college by brewing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version