Other than Brewing > The Pub

Why does Budweiser just not get it?

<< < (2/18) > >>

majorvices:

--- Quote from: Slowbrew on January 11, 2013, 09:53:48 AM ---I agree with everyone that have pointed out that with ~90+% market share the big boys don't need to react just yet. 

--- End quote ---

Yep. That's just what Newspaper's thought about the internet. Then they found out it was it too late.

majorvices:

--- Quote from: Joe Sr. on January 11, 2013, 10:15:21 AM ---I found all the Project 12 beers to be nasty.  They all tasted like Budweiser with subtle different nastiness depending on the bottle.  I have most of the 12 pack in the basement awaiting some poor fool who will drink it.

I know they can brew good beer as their Brewmasters Private Reserve was excellent.  They just don't do so regularly.

--- End quote ---

Granted, I have not had the project 12 so I should try it. But I did try the Brewmaster's Reserve Doppelbock a few years ago and it was one of the best doppelbocks I had ever tasted. So we know they can do it.

Joe Sr.:

--- Quote from: majorvices on January 11, 2013, 10:18:19 AM ---Granted, I have not had the project 12 so I should try it.

--- End quote ---

Do it, if you feel you must.  But it was not worth it.  If you travel to Chicago, I can give you an eight pack.

--- Quote from: majorvices on January 11, 2013, 10:18:19 AM ---But I did try the Brewmaster's Reserve Doppelbock a few years ago and it was one of the best doppelbocks I had ever tasted. So we know they can do it.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  I'm still mad at myself that I didn't buy more of that stuff when Sam's Club had it for $5 for a liter (or whatever that huge bottle was).  But, of course, I doubted it would be any good because it was Budweiser.  This is why I bought the Project 12, as I didn't want to be kicking myself again for missing a good beer out of beer snobbery.  I was wrong on both occassions.

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: majorvices on January 11, 2013, 10:16:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: Slowbrew on January 11, 2013, 09:53:48 AM ---I agree with everyone that have pointed out that with ~90+% market share the big boys don't need to react just yet. 

--- End quote ---
Yep. That's just what Newspaper's thought about the internet. Then they found out it was it too late.

--- End quote ---

Corp. mindset. They have more like 80-85% of the market when you include regionals not in the B.A. figures and imports. Many of the popular imports are owned by ABInbev and Miller-Coors, so you have to consider that.

brewmichigan:

--- Quote from: majorvices on January 11, 2013, 10:16:52 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I think this is an unfair comparison. There's one huge advantage that BMC has that the newspapers didn't. Distribution. BMC has a huge advantage over craft beer in the amount of distribution that they "own".

Another one is barrier of entry. Any joe blo can start a blog and reach millions of people with less than $100. It takes 10's of thousands if not 100's of thousands of dollars to just start a craft brewery let alone one the size of Sierra Nevada or Boston Beer that could compete with BMC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version