Other than Brewing > The Pub

Why does Budweiser just not get it?

<< < (16/18) > >>

alcaponejunior:

--- Quote from: majorvices on January 15, 2013, 07:40:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: a10t2 on January 15, 2013, 05:09:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: majorvices on January 15, 2013, 03:40:34 PM ---What if they made a truly great all malt pilsner and kept the price reasonable?
--- End quote ---

Michelob?

--- End quote ---

I'd hesitate to call it "truly great" ..... I'm thinking along the lines on Troeg's Sunshine Pils or, even Victory Prima Pils.

--- End quote ---

Prima pils is amazing, that's what I was thinking.  However, probably (as mentioned a few posts below) something like Sam Adams Noble Pils would be better.  Prima is pretty darn hoppy.  Noble Pils would appeal to more people, probably.

brewmanator:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on January 17, 2013, 10:10:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: brewmanator on January 17, 2013, 10:16:59 AM ---In 2007, my brother and I won the chance to scale up an IPA recipe, and help brew it on A-B’s pilot brewery in St. Louis.  At that time the pilot brewery was under the Michelob brand of A-B.  I learned that they were brewing three, 10 barrel test batches, five days a week working on recipes for beers like Czech Pilseners, Imperial IPAs, German-style Dunkelweizens, Irish Red Ales and American Pale Ales .  These beers were fantastic and would stand up quite well to the finest craft beer examples at that time.

--- End quote ---
Why were they doing that?  Working on recipes "just in case", developing less expensive versions for their craft partners, something else?

--- End quote ---

Back then they sold these types of beers under their Michelob brand, we did not see much of these out in the PNW, but in the midwest and other places around the US you were able to buy Michelob Dunkel Weisse, Michelob Pale Ale, Michelob Irish Red Ale...

Thirsty_Monk:

--- Quote from: brewmanator on January 17, 2013, 10:16:59 AM ---In 2007, my brother and I won the chance to scale up an IPA recipe, and help brew it on A-B’s pilot brewery in St. Louis.  At that time the pilot brewery was under the Michelob brand of A-B.  I learned that they were brewing three, 10 barrel test batches, five days a week working on recipes for beers like Czech Pilseners, Imperial IPAs, German-style Dunkelweizens, Irish Red Ales and American Pale Ales .  These beers were fantastic and would stand up quite well to the finest craft beer examples at that time.

--- End quote ---
Why were they doing that?  Working on recipes "just in case", developing less expensive versions for their craft partners, something else?

--- End quote ---
Let me work on Czech Pils recipe. 100% Pilsner malt ans Saaz hops. Shhhh... to not tell anybody. This is a secret recipe.

boulderbrewer:
Having an ear to what they are after it is interesting. My ear was near the ground floor but a brewer. I don't have many answers yet, time will tell.

brewmanator:

--- Quote from: Thirsty_Monk on February 05, 2013, 08:17:21 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Let me work on Czech Pils recipe. 100% Pilsner malt ans Saaz hops. Shhhh... to not tell anybody. This is a secret recipe.

--- End quote ---

Yep, all you need is a recipe and anyone can make a great Czech Pils...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version