Other than Brewing > The Pub

Why does Budweiser just not get it?

<< < (17/18) > >>

gmwren:
If anyone still believes "they" still don't get it, read last weekends rather lengthy article from the Washington Post about AB InBev and their attempt at buying out the last 50% of Grupo Modelo. http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/beer-merger-would-worsen-existing-duopoly-by-ab-inbev-sabmiller/2013/02/01/efa78ce8-6b1c-11e2-af53-7b2b2a7510a8_story_4.html Interesting dance between the two bigs (ABI and SABMiller) who really do seem to get it. With craft beer at only 6% of US beersales, the efforts of these giants will place an even stronger hold over the distribution network. Craft beer will have a very difficult time expanding in the future. Yes, they do get it. Unfortunately...

majorvices:

--- Quote from: gmwren on February 06, 2013, 05:55:45 AM ---If anyone still believes "they" still don't get it, read last weekends rather lengthy article from the Washington Post about AB InBev and their attempt at buying out the last 50% of Grupo Modelo. http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/beer-merger-would-worsen-existing-duopoly-by-ab-inbev-sabmiller/2013/02/01/efa78ce8-6b1c-11e2-af53-7b2b2a7510a8_story_4.html Interesting dance between the two bigs (ABI and SABMiller) who really do seem to get it. With craft beer at only 6% of US beersales, the efforts of these giants will place an even stronger hold over the distribution network. Craft beer will have a very difficult time expanding in the future. Yes, they do get it. Unfortunately...

--- End quote ---

Budweiser does not get it. They get marketing, don't get me wrong. But they don't get brewing. Their brewers get brewing, for sure. But the beers they produce are dictated by marketers in suits who don't understand beer.

Smaller breweries like Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada will continue to chip away at the beer scene in America, while even smaller craft brewers will continue to grow and BMC will continue to see their share of the market slip because those in charge are more interested in marketing than they are in brewing.

If anyone thinks that the trend will reverse and people will go back to bud lite and mich ultra, you should think again. The trend is going to continue to slide toward craft beer for the foreseeable future.

Thirsty_Monk:
That was interesting article.
I do not care how they are fixing their pricing as long as I have access to Liquor / grocery stores and I can sell my beer there.
I even do not care about their distribution channels because I self distribute.
One thing that I am concern about with this consolidation is raw material supply chain.

I think they do get how to maximize the profit.
They do not care what they sell.

majorvices:
It's a challenge to maximize profit when your sales in the US are slipping every year.

That said, I kinda recant what I said earlier about Bud not getting it. InBev does a good job with their massive portfolio and what is in the Bud Line actually all makes sense. They have Pils style beers in their "Becks Line" and that's where InBev is striking out. They could come out with a truly great German Style Pils made right here in the US made under the "Becks Line" and what they come out with instead is the mediocre-at-best Black Sapphire.

brewmichigan:

--- Quote from: majorvices on February 17, 2013, 06:55:09 AM ---It's a challenge to maximize profit when your sales in the US are slipping every year.

That said, I kinda recant what I said earlier about Bud not getting it. InBev does a good job with their massive portfolio and what is in the Bud Line actually all makes sense. They have Pils style beers in their "Becks Line" and that's where InBev is striking out. They could come out with a truly great German Style Pils made right here in the US made under the "Becks Line" and what they come out with instead is the mediocre-at-best Black Sapphire.

--- End quote ---

They also have Pilsner Urquell for a softer Czech Pils.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version