Other than Brewing > The Pub

Lone Star Bock

<< < (3/3)

euge:

--- Quote from: denny on January 16, 2013, 05:23:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: dirk_mclargehuge on January 16, 2013, 05:12:23 PM ---I drank one of the last ones I had the other day. I didn't get diacityl.  I got maple syrup.  Sweet and cloying.

Today, I got a six pack of Alaskan Amber at my local beer store. "Buy the last six pack and I'll give you a 10% discount," the owner says.  "Sure!" I say.

Tastes a lot like Lone Star Bock to me.  Anyone want 5 bottles of Alaskan Amber?

--- End quote ---

Never been one of my favorites....

--- End quote ---

I tried a 6-pack because it said "alt" style on it. I was underwhelmed but Alaskan Amber is somewhat better than lonestar bock, but not by much.

alcaponejunior:
Alaskan amber isn't that great either.  Some of their beers are good but I'm not fond of that one. 

alcaponejunior:

--- Quote from: euge on January 15, 2013, 12:22:15 AM ---Some of the HEB's have a single selection in or near the beer aisle.

--- End quote ---

Certain HEB's actually have a pretty good beer selection.  Saves me trips to Gabriel's (don't get me wrong tho, I still hit up Gabriel's whenever I can, especially for the Schmaltz brewery stuff).  The one on huebner and babcock ain't bad, and the one on bandera/1604 is actually sometimes pretty good.  A lot of the craft beers are even kept cold, especially at the bandera store.

euge:
I haven't been to the bandera location. But, nearly all have some sort of "crafty" beer like sam adams or blue moon, shocktop etc... I think central market has the most comprehensive selection- though it was a bit more eclectic a few years ago.

anje:

--- Quote from: euge on January 16, 2013, 09:44:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: denny on January 16, 2013, 05:23:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: dirk_mclargehuge on January 16, 2013, 05:12:23 PM ---I drank one of the last ones I had the other day. I didn't get diacityl.  I got maple syrup.  Sweet and cloying.

Today, I got a six pack of Alaskan Amber at my local beer store. "Buy the last six pack and I'll give you a 10% discount," the owner says.  "Sure!" I say.

Tastes a lot like Lone Star Bock to me.  Anyone want 5 bottles of Alaskan Amber?

--- End quote ---

Never been one of my favorites....

--- End quote ---

I tried a 6-pack because it said "alt" style on it. I was underwhelmed but Alaskan Amber is somewhat better than lonestar bock, but not by much.

--- End quote ---
Yeah. I got a 6-pack of Alaskan Amber because someone in my club was raving about it, talked me into getting a case for them when I was last in WI (since it's not distributed here). I suspect most of it is still taking up valuable fridge space that could be devoted to beers I would actually choose to drink.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version