Other than Brewing > The Pub

Lone Star Bock

<< < (2/3) > >>

alcaponejunior:
I have to admit I've drank a fair amount of lone star in my days.  It's cheep and it ain't bud or bud light, and thus it's highly preferable.  Sometimes cheep beer is the thing of the moment.  I can accept and live with that without any loss of my self-image as a beer-meister.

However, I've avoided buying it so far.  There are tons of craft beers available to me, and I have lots of homebrew too.  The days of requiring cheep beer are mostly gone (not that I don't enjoy a 40 of malt liquor after working every now and then). 

But yeah, I will try to find a single of this so I can review it and marvel in whatever assaults my taste buds.  I will try to not allow this thread to influence my reactions (I'm pretty good at remaining neutral though, and not letting other people's reviews or opinions affect mine). 

scores a 70 on beer advocate (only 14 ratings)

euge:
Some of the HEB's have a single selection in or near the beer aisle. I managed to drink 5 of them and was able to pawn off the last on a friend. He complained of the butterscotchy diacetyl flavor that was in the brew as well.

1vertical:
Loopy thank you, for the dire warning! (well written BTW)

dirk_mclargehuge:
I drank one of the last ones I had the other day. I didn't get diacityl.  I got maple syrup.  Sweet and cloying.

Today, I got a six pack of Alaskan Amber at my local beer store. "Buy the last six pack and I'll give you a 10% discount," the owner says.  "Sure!" I say.

Tastes a lot like Lone Star Bock to me.  Anyone want 5 bottles of Alaskan Amber?

denny:

--- Quote from: dirk_mclargehuge on January 16, 2013, 05:12:23 PM ---I drank one of the last ones I had the other day. I didn't get diacityl.  I got maple syrup.  Sweet and cloying.

Today, I got a six pack of Alaskan Amber at my local beer store. "Buy the last six pack and I'll give you a 10% discount," the owner says.  "Sure!" I say.

Tastes a lot like Lone Star Bock to me.  Anyone want 5 bottles of Alaskan Amber?

--- End quote ---

Never been one of my favorites....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version