General Category > Other Fermentables

Copper does remove sulfur!

<< < (4/6) > >>

weithman5:

--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on January 15, 2013, 11:52:53 AM ---The pear is subtle but distinctly different from apple cider. It is wine-like with slight residual sweetness. Pears contain sorbitol, an unfermentable sugar alcohol, and this is noticable compared to fully fermented apple ciders.

--- End quote ---

FWIW, sorbitol is one of the reasons that pear juice and sugar free gum will help ya poop.

Jimmy K:

--- Quote from: anje on January 17, 2013, 04:01:39 PM ---Great to know, and it sounds delicious!

Also, I see you're getting in on this thumbring business.

--- End quote ---
That's my wife's thumb.

majorvices:

--- Quote from: mtnrockhopper on January 16, 2013, 06:16:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: majorvices on January 16, 2013, 05:18:00 PM ---i have mine in the BK - but have run through copper tubing when sulphur has been a problem with good results.

--- End quote ---
I originally thought I'd just run the cider through the copper tube as I was racking into the bottling bucket, but I was worried that wouldn't be enough contact time. Do you think that would have worked?

--- End quote ---

I worked for me once before. Ran it through a few feet, don't remember how much now.

Jo Diesel:
Is the copper coil chiller OK? Have not had issues but I always use my copper chiller

HoosierBrew:

--- Quote from: Jo Diesel on May 31, 2013, 07:45:17 AM ---Is the copper coil chiller OK? Have not had issues but I always use my copper chiller

--- End quote ---
Yep. Works for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version