Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Did I Overdo It?  (Read 5437 times)

narvin

Re: Did I Overdo It?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 03:22:25 pm »
That's a lot of hops, especially late addition.  I think the bitterness won't be overwhelming, but the flavor and aroma might be enough that you can't tell it's a lager.  Next time an ale yeast might produce the same result with less effort.

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 05:33:55 am »
That's a lot of hops, especially late addition.  I think the bitterness won't be overwhelming, but the flavor and aroma might be enough that you can't tell it's a lager.  Next time an ale yeast might produce the same result with less effort.

Not sure I agree, but I guess we'll see in a few weeks!  I just brought it down to 38 where I'll leave it for 3-4 weeks before kegging.

Dave
Dave Zach

Offline davidgzach

• Senior Brewmaster
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 02:45:02 pm »
Well, the holiday crowds depleted my inventory to the point where I had to tap this bad boy a couple of weeks earlier than I had expected.

HOLY CRAP, as Red said earlier.  I've never had such a slap in the face of Noble hops................and I like it!   
8) 

Just draining the last of my first pint now.  The 2633 and Dark Munich Malt create just enough malt backbone to not get overwhelmed by the noble hop attack.  It's like a Pilsner Urquell on steroids!

Great experiment and I'll definitely do it again.  Man I love this hobby!  Gotta refill.....

Dave
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:32:08 pm by davidgzach »
Dave Zach