General Category > Equipment and Software

Going Electric

<< < (2/6) > >>

snowtiger87:
Have you looked here?: www.theelectricbrewery.com

hairodadog:

--- Quote from: snowtiger87 on January 16, 2013, 03:25:49 PM ---Have you looked here?: www.theelectricbrewery.com

--- End quote ---
sure did, and when I stopped drooling found www.highgravitybrew.com, closer to my budget. They do all the drilling and what not, all I gotta do is connect the dots and start making beer. and then the question of the extras.... I'm pretty much sold on the plate chiller, but the auto sparge not so sure,

weithman5:
those systems are nice, especially if brewing larger quantities.  I only brew a few gallons at a time and have less than 50 dollars wrapped up in my kettle.  i would probably recommend using the punches for the holes like in the electric brewery for a stainless kettle. mine is aluminum and i had no problems using a bimetal hole saw from the hardware store.  use a little cutting oil.  i guess if you buy the system as shown it is not something to worry about.  fwiw. on my kettle i did not use a standard gang box as they show. i used an all weather extension for a gang box.  this is open on both ends and allowed me to use the smaller size and still be able to get in to do the wiring after it is mounted

a10t2:

--- Quote from: mabrungard on January 16, 2013, 01:19:15 PM ---I don't know how much wattage I actually deliver when I'm boiling gently.  I suppose I could observe the amount of time the element is on versus off when the PWM is operating and then figure out what the average wattage is.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was around the 1500w mark.
--- End quote ---

You could also just measure boiloff. 1500 W would vaporize 0.63 gal/hr, with no losses.

weithman5:

--- Quote from: a10t2 on January 17, 2013, 10:33:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: mabrungard on January 16, 2013, 01:19:15 PM ---I don't know how much wattage I actually deliver when I'm boiling gently.  I suppose I could observe the amount of time the element is on versus off when the PWM is operating and then figure out what the average wattage is.  I wouldn't be surprised if it was around the 1500w mark.
--- End quote ---

You could also just measure boiloff. 1500 W would vaporize 0.63 gal/hr, with no losses.

--- End quote ---

that is about right on.  i usually lose about 0.5g/hr. maybe just a little less.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version