Membership questions? Log in issues? Email info@brewersassociation.org

Author Topic: Road trip!  (Read 2256 times)

Offline marvinpandroid

• 1st Kit
Road trip!
« on: April 19, 2010, 07:34:08 pm »
A friend and I will be making a road trip from Albuquerque, NM to Seattle, WA in mid-May.  We are making brewery visits and tours the top priority for the six days we have to make the trip.

Oskar Blues, New Belgium, Durango, Left Hand, Great Divide, and Ska are on the list for Colorado, but things get kinda fuzzy after that (so to speak).  We'd like to get into the Bay Area to check out Russian River and Lagunitas.  Breweries in western Washington aren't a focus, since we can visit them almost any time.

What route would you suggest we take?  What breweries would you make it a priority to visit?  Perhaps more important to our survival, where would you crash so you wouldn't be drinking and driving?

Looking forward to suggestions!

Offline rjharper

• Brewmaster
    • Angry Scotsman Brewing
Re: Road trip!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 11:40:30 am »
+1 on Great Divide.  What about Deschutes in OR?

Offline mikeypedersen

• Brewer
  • Longmont, CO
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 11:16:05 am »
Boulder is only 15 minutes away from Oskar Blues and Left Hand in Longmont (which are both great breweries).  It would be a shame not to make it to Avery also.  Man, I love that place!

Offline theoman

• Brewmaster
  • Outskirts of Brussels, Belgium
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 01:16:43 am »
If you make it to Boulder, you might not leave. I was stuck there for 6 years. I agree on Avery. Then there's the Mountain and/or Southern Sun for the experience (though I admit it's not my favorite beer), and I suggest checking out the Drafthouse on 13th. It's what used to be the Redfish. I was there on a recent trip and was really impressed with their beers. Food menu looks good, too.