General Category > General Homebrew Discussion

Impending Doom or RDWHAHB?

(1/2) > >>

harbicide:
On December 27 I brewed 20 gallons of Wee Heavy.  I typically drain the yeast from my conical and keg/bottle when all of the yeast is out of the vessel (my conical does not have a racking arm).  Anyways, I have been out of town a lot lately and did not have time to drain the yeast, thus today I siphoned off of the top into 4 kegs.  Before starting the top of the beer had dozens of white 1/8" spots floating on the top.  I have seen this before and always attributed it to unsinking kreusen that dries out.  While siphoning today I certainly picked up a few of the dots.  Is my theory feasible?

After siphoning the dots mostly attached to the side wall as the two pictures showl

bigchicken:
I have had similar issues with certain yeasts. None seemed to hurt the finished product. Mine were closer to krausen chunks, not dots.

euge:
Looks fine.

alcaponejunior:
remember that scene in poltergeist II with the tequila worm...

well, that probably won't happen to you  ::)

tomsawyer:
Taste will tell you if its wild yeast/mold/bacteria.  Hard to tell from the photo, really it doesn't seem like wild bugs would be that far along after only a month so I'm guessing you're good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version