General Category > Beer Recipes

One More Time!

(1/4) > >>

davidgzach:
That last Noble Uber-Hopped lager was so good, I decided to do it again.  This time, a true Urquell on steroids.  For 10 gallons:

4oz Czech Saaz at 90
4oz at 45
4oz at 10
4oz for 30 minute hop stand

May have to add a little water to make up for absorbtion but I'm looking forward to it.

Dave

erockrph:
Sounds tasty to me! I don't know if your setup allows it, but on the last hoppy brew I did that needed topoff water I added the topoff water to my kettle after the initial racking to my fermenter. I essentially "sparged" the hop trub that was left in my kettle. I figured, why waste the hoppy goodness?

davidgzach:

--- Quote from: erockrph on January 21, 2013, 06:10:02 AM ---Sounds tasty to me! I don't know if your setup allows it, but on the last hoppy brew I did that needed topoff water I added the topoff water to my kettle after the initial racking to my fermenter. I essentially "sparged" the hop trub that was left in my kettle. I figured, why waste the hoppy goodness?

--- End quote ---

VERY good idea.  I'll have to try that on the next one.  I did end up having to add about 1.5G to this one....

denny:

--- Quote from: erockrph on January 21, 2013, 06:10:02 AM ---Sounds tasty to me! I don't know if your setup allows it, but on the last hoppy brew I did that needed topoff water I added the topoff water to my kettle after the initial racking to my fermenter. I essentially "sparged" the hop trub that was left in my kettle. I figured, why waste the hoppy goodness?

--- End quote ---

IIRC, Charlie talks about that in NCJOHB.

garc_mall:

--- Quote from: denny on January 21, 2013, 09:44:04 AM ---
IIRC, Charlie talks about that in NCJOHB.

--- End quote ---

That Acronym took me a while, Denny.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version