Other than Brewing > The Pub

Trying to understand state excise taxes on beer.

<< < (2/5) > >>

passlaku:
Alright.  So if you exempt those 5 states, what explains the rest?

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: a10t2 on January 19, 2013, 01:43:21 PM ---I don't think there's much mystery. States with breweries big enough to do substantial lobbying (CO, TX, MO, WI, PA) have low taxes.

--- End quote ---

ABInbev also have breweries in CA, GA, VA, NY, NH, FL, VA.

MillerCoors also in CA, GA, NC, VA.

Not all are low tax states. Just saying.

nateo:

--- Quote from: passlaku on January 19, 2013, 01:58:50 PM ---Alright.  So if you exempt those 5 states, what explains the rest?

--- End quote ---

Well, I'm not going to run the regressions, but it sounds like you have, so you tell us.

This might help: http://alcoholjustice.org/campaigns/charge-for-harm/450-neglected-and-outdated-state-beer-taxes.html

Maybe legislators in some states are just lazy?

a10t2:

--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on January 19, 2013, 02:05:42 PM ---ABInbev also have breweries in CA, GA, VA, NY, NH, FL, VA.
--- End quote ---

Fair point, but if you except the South, where they're just into that kind of thing, it still applies.

hopfenundmalz:

--- Quote from: a10t2 on January 19, 2013, 02:15:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: hopfenundmalz on January 19, 2013, 02:05:42 PM ---ABInbev also have breweries in CA, GA, VA, NY, NH, FL, VA.
--- End quote ---

Fair point, but if you except the South, where they're just into that kind of thing, it still applies.

--- End quote ---

I missed NJ. You are probably right. Big business often has many reasons to locate a facility, taxes are just one.

I am wondering what the can of worms correlation is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version