General Category > Yeast and Fermentation

Need advice on stirrer plate

<< < (5/5)

Slowbrew:

--- Quote from: tschmidlin on January 25, 2013, 10:33:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pinski on January 25, 2013, 11:35:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: tschmidlin on January 25, 2013, 10:06:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: Pinski on January 24, 2013, 08:37:59 AM ---Stirstarter, good product, good price, great service.
The only thing i don't like is having to carefully balance my 5L flasks, but it works like a charm.

--- End quote ---
Build yourself a stand for your 5L flasks - something that is the same height as the top of the stirplate but with a hole in the middle that you can put the stirplate in.  A little bit of plywood and some scrap 2x4 should be all you need.  It will support the edges of the flasks and not interfere with the stirplate.

--- End quote ---
...AND I could rationalize buying a jigsaw!

--- End quote ---
;D Sure - or you can build a few small pieces that are not attached to each other and just arrange them around the plate when you're using it.

--- End quote ---

I'd definately go with the jigsaw.  Any project that dpen't require a new tool isn't really a project.   ;D

Paul

Pinski:

--- Quote from: Slowbrew on January 26, 2013, 07:21:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: tschmidlin on January 25, 2013, 10:33:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: Pinski on January 25, 2013, 11:35:43 AM ---
--- Quote from: tschmidlin on January 25, 2013, 10:06:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: Pinski on January 24, 2013, 08:37:59 AM ---Stirstarter, good product, good price, great service.
The only thing i don't like is having to carefully balance my 5L flasks, but it works like a charm.

--- End quote ---
Build yourself a stand for your 5L flasks - something that is the same height as the top of the stirplate but with a hole in the middle that you can put the stirplate in.  A little bit of plywood and some scrap 2x4 should be all you need.  It will support the edges of the flasks and not interfere with the stirplate.

--- End quote ---
...AND I could rationalize buying a jigsaw!

--- End quote ---
;D Sure - or you can build a few small pieces that are not attached to each other and just arrange them around the plate when you're using it.

--- End quote ---

I'd definately go with the jigsaw.  Any project that dpen't require a new tool isn't really a project.   ;D

Paul

--- End quote ---
Exactly, that would just be a chore. ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version