General Category > Yeast and Fermentation

Stir-Plate 3000 yeast stirrer review

<< < (2/4) > >>

hokerer:

--- Quote from: ultravista on January 21, 2013, 08:10:00 AM ---Where's the cheapest place to pick-up a 4L Erlenmeyer flask?

--- End quote ---

I picked up a couple of 5L flasks and the best price I was able to find was a homebrew4less.com.  Might want to check them out to see if they carry 4L (or just get the 5L)

davidgzach:

--- Quote from: hokerer on January 21, 2013, 11:13:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: ultravista on January 21, 2013, 08:10:00 AM ---Where's the cheapest place to pick-up a 4L Erlenmeyer flask?

--- End quote ---

I picked up a couple of 5L flasks and the best price I was able to find was a homebrew4less.com.  Might want to check them out to see if they carry 4L (or just get the 5L)

--- End quote ---

I had my LHBS order me a 5L Bomex flask.  I boil my starter right in it and transfer straight to the ice bath.  It's been great, but not cheap.....

Dave

a10t2:
I personally can't justify the cost of a 4-5 L flask, so I use 1 gal glass jugs. $40 buys a lot of ingredients.

dbarber:

--- Quote from: a10t2 on January 21, 2013, 12:51:36 PM ---I personally can't justify the cost of a 4-5 L flask, so I use 1 gal glass jugs. $40 buys a lot of ingredients.

--- End quote ---

All of my glass jugs have a concave bottom and I couldn't get the stir bar to stay on.

a10t2:

--- Quote from: dbarber on January 21, 2013, 12:58:11 PM ---All of my glass jugs have a concave bottom and I couldn't get the stir bar to stay on.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I should have mentioned that you need some decent magnets to make this work. A salvaged hard drive magnet probably won't do the trick. I bought a little package of rare-earth magnets at the hardware store. They're the size of a button battery but lift something like 12 lb, and they can spin a 25 mm bar through the bottom of a carboy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version